Downloads
    Uploads

2019 Precision Rifle Expo

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figure I'd post it here, and Admins can move it where they deem appropriate.

Name:  Story Banner.png
Views: 291
Size:  57.1 KB

Precision Rifle Expo 2019

A collection of the top manufacturers and collective talent for all things related to long range precision shooting. The host location is one of the premier long range shooting facilities in the Southeastern US - Arena Training Facility. This location provides a unique opportunity to see the top equipment used by the best shooters in the country, where attendees can participate in seminars providing valuable education, and try out this equipment at many of the on-site long distance ranges. In addition, if you like what you see, many of the exhibitors will be offering their products for sale on-site. Event dates are September 28th & 29th, 2019. For more information or to register, you can visit www.precisionrifleexpo.com.

Cost to Attend the Event

The Precision Rifle Expo 2019 is open to the public. Preregistration for the event is $35. At the door, the cost is $50.
    Access to all the exhibitors in the main tent hall and range locations, plus the educational classes for both days, are included in this expense. Class Signup will not be required this year. Just go to the event, and attend the class of your choosing. Classes include:

• Precision Handloading - Troy Lawton, AMU
    • Wind Reading - Emil Praslick, Berger Bullets
    • Introduction to ELR - Chase Stroud, Applied Ballistics ELR Team
    • Kestrel Operation - Kestrel Ballistics
    • Fundamentals of Marksmanship - Jacob Bynum, Rifles Only
    • Rifle Maintenance - Bore Tech

All those 12 and over are welcome. Those between 12 and 18 must accompanied by a Parent.

Personal Firearms

At the Precision Rifle Expo, there will not be personal firearms allowed on the ranges.
    Last edited by Ordnance; 24 August 2019 at 21:54.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is something that I would love to attend.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    This is something that I would love to attend.
    We worked out many of the bugs from last year, and this year is gonna be great. One of the instructors, Emil Praslick, is a phenomenal shooter. He works with some of the best trainers and shooters in the world, at very exclusive courses. The fact that he'll be giving free wind calling courses is worth the admission fee and then some alone.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    We worked out many of the bugs from last year, and this year is gonna be great. One of the instructors, Emil Praslick, is a phenomenal shooter. He works with some of the best trainers and shooters in the world, at very exclusive courses. The fact that he'll be giving free wind calling courses is worth the admission fee and then some alone.
    I know who Emil is. He's awesome. I really like him! Of course I've never met him in person but he seems like a really good guy. I definitely would absolutely LOVE to attend but it's too far away for me to realistically go.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In case you missed it, a little Friday fun from one of the exhibitors this year, SilencerCo.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ordnance thanks for the info. I will be attending this one.
    “Fast is fine, But accuracy is final.” Wyatt Earp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I know who Emil is. He's awesome. I really like him! Of course I've never met him in person but he seems like a really good guy. I definitely would absolutely LOVE to attend but it's too far away for me to realistically go.
    I'm glad you posted that video. I need to do a press release for the course, and that's a perfect video to use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DISCOM View Post
    Ordnance thanks for the info. I will be attending this one.
    Awesome, maybe I'll see ya there.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordnance View Post
    I'm glad you posted that video. I need to do a press release for the course, and that's a perfect video to use.
    Glad to help. The man is a genius. LOL. Really.

I would love to go have a range day with him. That would be amazing.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Precision Rifle Expo Course - Intro to ELR

Gaining increasing popularity, Extreme Long Range (ELR) precision rifle shooting and the science and innovation of precision rifles and rifle accessories to facilitate engaging and impacting targets at greater and greater distances, along with the nuances of this emerging and growing sport, continue to present questions for many precision rifle shooters looking to participate and test the most outer extreme limits of ballistics and long range shooting. Wanting to match our Precision Rifle Expo courses, with the top level of innovation and advanced manufacturers exhibiting, we are pleased to announce a new course to this year's Expo, and a new instructor... Intro to ELR, presented by Applied Ballistics LLC ELR Team shooter and Instructor, Chase Stroud. Chase has an extensive history in competitive rifle shooting from the PRS to ELR, winning almost a dozen precision rifle matches, and placing in the Top 5 in nearly two dozen more across the country. As one of the top instructors in ELR, and a 100% success rate at getting his students on 2 mile targets, Chase was the perfect choice for us to instruct attendees on ELR. Topics that Chase will cover within the Intro to ELR courses include...

• ELR gear selection, from calibers to bullets to scopes and everything in between;
    • Understanding the importance of fundamentals and repeatability behind the rifle;
    • Correctly using and understanding your ballistic solver (inputs and solutions), letting science do the heavy lifting;
    • Understanding wind in an ELR environment, importance of direction, and terrain and the terrain's influence on ELR shooting;
    • Why a good spotter and communication with your spotter is vital, and how to develop that communication;
    • Back to fundamentals and the follow through, seeing splash at extreme long distances.

Following the courses, Chase and other members from the Applied Ballistics Training Division will be available to assist in answering further ELR and ballistic questions, along with other numerous exhibitors who also participate in ELR events around the world. Go to www.PrecisionRifleExpo.com for more information on exhibitors, registration, as well as our other courses. Course space for these courses along with the other courses will fill up fast at the Expo, so be sure to preregister and come early.

Video Credit: Steve Lease with Tactiholics