Downloads
    Uploads

Changed direction on M5 build

Figured I’d start anew here as so much is NA on my original post.

First I nixed the Creedmoor in favor of a second .308. Since the Ultramatch I wanted was never in stock during the WEVO discount period I opted for lightweight over precision. I won’t be unhappy if it just shots as well as my factory MI 16”.

I got the Faxon 18” lightweight barrel and am ready to order the last two parts I need - Sentry7 agb and a 15” handguard. The MI and SLR Ion both fit, but I have those already and want something different.

Anyone have the V7 Hyperlight? Everything about it sounds great. Except one review said the barrel nut is so thick he had to file it to fit the gas tube over it. That sounds wrong to me. That V7 would mess up such a basic dimension. Opinions? Rainier has one at a good price.

https://www.rainierarms.com/v-seven-...uard-m-lok-15/
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is a good deal on the Sentry 7: https://www.righttobear.com/SLR-Rifl...B-p/sa7-sm.htm

Which, BTW, is the only AGB I'll buy right now. They are excellent.

V7 is quality stuff, but the magnesium Al is what gave BCM problems with the original KMR. It's very light weight, but not as strong. Honestly for 2 oz more and $100+ less, I'd get the M5 Atlas S-One from Aero Precision. Fantastic mounting system.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! What a great deal with free gas tube to boot. I paid a lot more for my other one. It’s on the way.

Yeah that original KMR sucked, but I have heard of no issues with the V7 except the one complaint about the barrel nut. Maybe the 2099 is a stronger alloy? I’m not fixated on it though. I just don’t want pig heavy and it has to look pleasing. Non-continuous top rails don’t do it for me.

I may end up with the SLR Ion Lite anyway as PA has it for $70 less than the V7 and I know I like them.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I just realized I would not like the look of the V7 scalloped top rail with the Aero flat. So SLR it is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Okay, I just realized I would not like the look of the V7 scalloped top rail with the Aero flat. So SLR it is.
    Good choice. The V7 really only looks good with V7 Receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The one area where SLR stands alone above the crowd is making rails in many incremental lengths and listing such to .00 inches. No sad face when a rail turns out to be incompatible with a can because the listed length is a half inch off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    For sure. I need to get more SLR in my life this year. I really love the looks of their receivers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    15" SLR ION Ultralight on M5 Receiver set with 18" barrel

I really like my SLR. At the time, it was the closest thing I could get to a KMR (one of my favorite AR handguards) on the .308 platform. They are pricey, though. As I mentioned above, thought, if I had to buy one now I don't think I'd spend the cash unless I really wanted a specific length that only they provide (as mentioned above, that's one area where SLR truly stands out) because Aero introduced the ATLAS handguards for the M5 and they really are quite good.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks great Boil. After looking at a lot of Ion Ultralight builds it grew on me. Got the 15” mlok (14.87) on sale at PA today.