Downloads
    Uploads

Griffin Armament Resistance® 22 Modular Rimfire Suppressor

Griffin Armament Resistance® 22 Modular Rimfire Suppressor

New Silencer and Summer Sales promotion

With over a decade of rimfire suppressor product development under their belt and the perennial customer favorite Checkmate now a legacy product, Griffin Armament is proud to introduce the new Resistance® 22 Modular Rimfire Suppressor. This next-generation rimfire silencer from Griffin Armament was developed after consulting their customer base at all levels and the resounding consensus was a desire for a lightweight, versatile, inexpensive, and high-performance rimfire silencer from Griffin Armament. Griffin’s trademark accessory modularity is a salient feature of the new Resistance® 22M. Compatibility with the Low-Pro 3-lug quick detach kit and taper mount minimalist blast shield give the end-user a wide range of attachment options for use on various platforms in the supported calibers. The Resistance® 22M is rated for all rimfire calibers .17-.22, 5.7mm, and supports a sporting use rating for .223 Remington.
    When asked about the design intent and product goals of the new Resistance® 22M, Griffin Armament owner and lead design engineer Austin Green stated,
    “Our customers have come to expect maximum versatility from Griffin Armament products and we aim to please, so the incorporation of user serviceability, a modular mount interface, and our high-performance HEDP™ baffle technology was absolutely essential. Consumers demanded an uncompromising rimfire silencer that is all these things: lightweight, versatile, durable, and quiet. We delivered on all those points, AND are offering it at an incredible price.”

Resistance® 22M Features:
    •7075 T6 Aluminum construction
    •Type III Class 2 hardcoat anodize finish
    •1/2x28 direct thread adapter included
    •Patented HEDP™ baffle stack (user serviceable)
    •3/16” neoprene rubber wipe included
    •Engineered to accommodate 3-lug kit and Taper Mount interfaces (sold separately)
    •$395 MSRP

Resistance® 22M Specs
    Standard (factory) configuration
    •4.75” L x 1.375” OD
    •4.9oz
    •113DB SPL on .22lr Pistols
    •114DB SPL on .22 Rifles
    •129DB SPL on .223 bolt action @ ear

To celebrate the next generation market leader in the affordable rimfire class, Griffin Armament is excited to announce their Resistance® 22M Summer promotion. From August 1, 2019, to September 15, 2019, any customer who purchases a new Griffin Armament suppressor will be eligible to purchase the Resistance® 22M for $124.95. For more information and to take advantage of this amazing promotion, follow this link: CLICK HERE

Combat vet owned/operated company specializing in the design and manufacturing of industry leading silencers and firearms components. www.GriffinArmament.com PM for WEVO discount code.

Follow us on FACEBOOK
    Follow us on INSTAGRAM
    Follow us on YOUTUBE

Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome back guys.

This looks interesting for sure especially at that price point with the promo.

I am assuming all the baffles are made of aluminum? What is the blue stuff on the baffles?

I have no experience with anything other than SS baffles so I don't know how hard maintaining these baffles would be. I normally just toss mine into a wet tumbler and go about my business...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im assuming the blue “stuff” is just anodizing for asthetics (same blue as their suppressor pouches and color used in marketing, as well as differentiating between blast baffle versus the rest of the stack

These could be tumbled in corn media or something.

I asked on ARFCOM and .223 requires a 16” barrel minimum. Would be really fun on a 223 bolt gun

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Im assuming the blue “stuff” is just anodizing for asthetics (same blue as their suppressor pouches and color used in marketing, as well as differentiating between blast baffle versus the rest of the stack

These could be tumbled in corn media or something.

I asked on ARFCOM and .223 requires a 16” barrel minimum. Would be really fun on a 223 bolt gun
    If I get one of these I would use it solely on rimfire. With that promo it's a pretty tight deal. Including the tax stamp it would be $325 bucks. That's hard to pass up. I do plan to get a Explorr 30 cal at some point... and I do need at least one more rimfire...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    If I get one of these I would use it solely on rimfire. With that promo it's a pretty tight deal. Including the tax stamp it would be $325 bucks. That's hard to pass up. I do plan to get a Explorr 30 cal at some point... and I do need at least one more rimfire...
    Yeah don’t shoot a ton of .30 cal so I can’t decide if the Sportsman .300 Ultra Light in direct thread would be the best option or add an extra ounce and mount and go with the utility of the Explorr .30

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah don’t shoot a ton of .30 cal so I can’t decide if the Sportsman .300 Ultra Light in direct thread would be the best option or add an extra ounce and mount and go with the utility of the Explorr .30
    I would go Explorr but that's just me. I have definitely been on a 300 BLK kick lately. It's just fun and quiet. I've been shooting it a lot with my Recce 7.

My goal as far as suppressors go is to have a backup in every caliber so I still have a ways to go.

I am prioritizing rifle and rimfire first even if I don't have a host yet simply because of the time factor. At some point I will be focused straight on host weapons.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would go Explorr but that's just me. I have definitely been on a 300 BLK kick lately. It's just fun and quiet. I've been shooting it a lot with my Recce 7.

My goal as far as suppressors go is to have a backup in every caliber so I still have a ways to go.

I am prioritizing rifle and rimfire first even if I don't have a host yet simply because of the time factor. At some point I will be focused straight on host weapons.
    I don’t have a plan to build a 300BLK. If I did, it would be a Ruger Ranch rifle or a single shot handi-rifle. Nothing high volume and ultimate quiet

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don’t have a plan to build a 300BLK. If I did, it would be a Ruger Ranch rifle or a single shot handi-rifle. Nothing high volume and ultimate quiet
    I have a bunch of ideas for cool things (if money were no issue). Suppressed lever guns keep coming to mind...I have a ton of cool builds in my head that I would love to have.

That all said I have been thinking about this .22 suppressor and while the design looks great the only draw back in my mind is the baffles. I understand that they were going for really light weight, but I wonder how much more weight stainless baffles would give in this exact same setup?

Maybe I am just thinking about it too much (par for the course) but considering the onerous process to buy a can... and the money involved and all that...I tend to err on the side of more durability/ease of maintenance.

Like I said, I've never tried a can with aluminum guts but I have tried to clean cans with SS baffles and it's more easy to just dump them in a tumbler every now and then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an aluminum monocore .22 can and the Optimus Micro (SS baffles)

I clean them the same way.

Wearing nitrile gloves: Pull the core out/dump out the baffles onto paper towel. Wipe the outside of the baffles/core with a paper towel, use an index finger and the paper towel and wipe the inside of the tube. Knock off any large buildup/debris with a qtip or dental pick depending on how bad it is, re-lube the tube and outside of the baffles lightly with grease or Slip 2000 EWL, reassemble.

It takes just a few minutes, it sounds better when it’s not squeaky clean.

Toss gloves and paper towels in trash.

Very simple. Very easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the main thing about Aluminum baffles is that you can't throw them in a tumbler with stainless steel media.

That said, I'm still a little lukewarm on this myself given the OD and Al baffle design. Most of my cans are GA and I really like their taper mount system and their supporting set of muzzle devices. Unfortunately, their CS is a little hit-or-miss. There is a lively thread on TOS about the manufacturing defect in some of their Recce cans and a bit of a social media PR disaster in how they handled it that is good entertainment to read through. Given the crowd on that site, I don't worry too much about it, though. GA does build good cans and a little patience may be required if you need CS, but I believe they will take care of you. I'll be testing that CS myself here when I have time, as I have a stupidity-induced baffle strike on my Paladin that I need their help on which is also making me better appreciate the value of a user-serviceable suppressor.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How did you get a baffle strike? Shooting of course but what were the details of it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    But the other side of the coin for someone like me is not having to buy a tumbler and SS media; there’s a simple way to maintain the cans without having to deal with tumbling and pouring a lead-liquid mixture down the drain and cleaning the pins etc. That part to me is not appealing. Nor is using “the dip” and disposing of lead acetate. Maybe if I already had a tumbler for some reason, but I’d rather buy more powder or mags.....

I think coating the baffles with something helps the cleaning process when cleaning by hand, as well.

The tube, caps etc still have to be manually cleaned...throwing that in with SS pins or a sonic cleaner would damage the finish.

Again I’m not trying to nor do I advocate cleaning the baffles to a brand new condition. A little bit of fouling keeps them quieter. Minimal effort and time and I’ve been able to keep the cans running a long time without dealing with solutions, tumblers, etc etc. Not trying to sound argumentative...just posting my experience with it over the years

Downloads
    Uploads
    How did you get a baffle strike? Shooting of course but what were the details of it?
    I left the alignment rod for my MagnetoSpeed chrony in my can and used a 168gr SMK to send it about 20 yards downrange. I haven't felt that stupid in quite a while. Bent the "ears" on the first 2 or 3 baffles, but otherwise everything is OK. Since the Paladin is user servicable, I was able to break it down to remove fragments of the bullet and the first inch or two of the Aluminum alignment rod. I'll send it back to GA to service it and to sell me replacement baffles but was testing it this weekend and it actually still functions fine and has no apparent adverse effect on accuracy (the narrow cone on the baffles are bent away from the bore, so no obstruction).

11B, no argument from me. I happen to have one of the cheapo HF rock tumblers I use for prepping brass cases. It does a much better job cleaning up the baffles than my sonic cleaner so for me it is the easiest way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you weren’t hurt and I’m glad your can didn’t take a catastrophic strike! Those close calls are great learning experiences for everyone