Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh FFS.

Let's say one were, hypothetically, to have a Glock with an ACRo and they, hypothetically, had a particular slide. Would it be possible, hypothetically, to measure such setup and then, hypothetically state what configuration they used to measure such a setup and then share what that measurement was?

Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here ya go. Not an exact measurement, but it's a clue.

The ACRO’s emitter enclosure is about half the height of competing open-topped RDS sights, so the ACRO P-1’s dot is already closer to the bore than competing sights. Combine this lowered emitter platform with Aimpoint’s new, integrated mounting system and a slide melt installation, and the tops of regular height pistol sights are visible through the P-1 window. That’s low. And that translates into speed when standard sights can be used to find the dot and line up a sight picture.
    Source is Recoil Magazine.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post

Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).
    Hahahahahahaha

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Oh FFS.

Let's say one were, hypothetically, to have a Glock with an ACRo and they, hypothetically, had a particular slide. Would it be possible, hypothetically, to measure such setup and then, hypothetically state what configuration they used to measure such a setup and then share what that measurement was?

Well that's just uncalled for.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Here ya go. Not an exact measurement, but it's a clue.

Source is Recoil Magazine.
    Interesting. I've looked through one before and we put it up next to my T1 and it seemed like it was higher than a RMR but obviously lower than the very high T1, but there was no real science to the comparison. I'll have to see if I can remember to bring a ruler the next time I shoot with the guy who has one, just for comparison's sake. For what it's worth, the T1 on an OEM slide w/ a Balor is ~13/16" (~2cm).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe..

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Right...

The answer entirely depends on what kind of slide you use.
    I’m not following this, as every slide is cut damn near the same all across the board...

Huh...anyways someone post up this info as I’m now curious myself.

One thing is the acro looks like a big damn box on their compared to a rmr..lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Irons are obviously more forgiving and allow for sloppy presentations. So when people complain the RMR requires one to “change their presentation” I guess I would agree but I would argue that it forces one to clean it up. The “RMR killer” ACRO has a pretty disappointing battery life considering how long it took to produce and the lineage behind it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    The “RMR killer” ACRO has a pretty disappointing battery life considering how long it took to produce and the lineage behind it.
    I don't understand why people were so surprised about the ACRO battery life. Look at the battery spec sheets, and it was very obvious that it was going to have a fairly short battery life. A 2032 has almost 5 times the capacity as a 2025.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I don't understand why people were so surprised about the ACRO battery life. Look at the battery spec sheets, and it was very obvious that it was going to have a fairly short battery life. A 2032 has almost 5 times the capacity as a 2025.
    Having had mine on setting 7 for 3 months now, non-stop, I don't see the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to stir the pot, I was linked to an ACRO review from Gabe Suarez: Suarez ACRO review.

And the SRO is just as durable as the RMR & better than the ACRO too - SRO > ACRO ***just to clarify, this is sarcasm***

Funny how knowledgeable folks can come to such differing conclusions. One thing Suarez does say that surprised me is the window on the ACRO is actually smaller than the RMR (ACRO: 16mm x 16mm, RMR: 16mm x 22mm). Height is the same but width is greater on the RMR. Haven't confirmed this yet myself. Personally, I'm probably gonna get an ACRO for my work pistol once tax refund season arrives.

(edited to fix grammar, spelling, and identify sarcasm...)
    Last edited by PJD642; 26 August 2019 at 21:07.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s Suarez.....why on earth would give credence to anything that sociopath says.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The SRO isn't even on my radar.

I want a ACRO, but I'm going to wait till they work some more bugs out of them. I've seen too many DOA units posted.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got to play with an ACRO yesterday along side my T1. We both agreed the T1 gave a larger sight picture, but the transition between the two was much easier than going back and forth between the T1 and the RMR. There was a slight adjustment going from the T1 to the ACRO in finding the dot, but it took about 2-3 presentations and the issue went away. Likewise going back to the T1. As I mentioned before, it takes me much longer to jump back and forth between the T1 and the RMR, with the T1 being a more natural position (at least for me).

My take away was that you had a RMR-sized optic with the ACRO coupled with the ease of use of the T1 in a nice package, albeit at the small cost of sight picture and potential battery life.

I want a ACRO, but I'm going to wait till they work some more bugs out of them. I've seen too many DOA units posted.
    I haven't been following it, but that's sad to hear. Hopefully whatever issues there may be get worked out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    Just to stir the pot, I was linked to an ACRO review from Gabe Suarez: Suarez ACRO review.

And the SRO is just as durable as the RMR & better than the ACRO too - SRO > ACRO

Funny how knowledgeable folks can come to such differing conclusions. One thing Suarez does say that surprised me is the window on the ACRO is actually smaller than the RMR (ACRO: 16mm x 16mm, RMR: 16mm x 22mm). Height is the same but width is greater on the RMR. Haven't confirmed this yet myself. Personally, I'm probably gonna get an for my work pistol ACRO once tax refund season arrives.
    As usual, Saurez makes conclusions that aren't founded in reality.

True Gabe Saurez story...I was at a class in WV many years ago and Saurez was doing a pistol class there at the same time in a pit or two over. One lunch session we hear his class just dumping mags. We decided to look over and his guys were laying on the ground, 1.5y from the targets just mag dumping, easily a 100 round "drill". When it was over and they went for reload, one of the guys came over and we started chatting. I asked how many rounds the class was he said 3500. I said for 5 days? He says no for two. Asked him what kinda distanced and drills, he said 5y and in, all mag dumps.

Yep, I'm totally gana listen to Saurez on topics that concern pistols, shooting, and training.