Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Oh FFS.

    Let's say one were, hypothetically, to have a Glock with an ACRo and they, hypothetically, had a particular slide. Would it be possible, hypothetically, to measure such setup and then, hypothetically state what configuration they used to measure such a setup and then share what that measurement was?

    Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,201
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Here ya go. Not an exact measurement, but it's a clue.

    The ACRO’s emitter enclosure is about half the height of competing open-topped RDS sights, so the ACRO P-1’s dot is already closer to the bore than competing sights. Combine this lowered emitter platform with Aimpoint’s new, integrated mounting system and a slide melt installation, and the tops of regular height pistol sights are visible through the P-1 window. That’s low. And that translates into speed when standard sights can be used to find the dot and line up a sight picture.
    Source is Recoil Magazine.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    13,622
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post

    Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).
    Hahahahahahaha

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,762
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Oh FFS.

    Let's say one were, hypothetically, to have a Glock with an ACRo and they, hypothetically, had a particular slide. Would it be possible, hypothetically, to measure such setup and then, hypothetically state what configuration they used to measure such a setup and then share what that measurement was?

    Or do I need to drive more web traffic to your site to get such an answer (which I haven't been able to find in your linked articles).
    Well that's just uncalled for.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,205
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Here ya go. Not an exact measurement, but it's a clue.



    Source is Recoil Magazine.
    Interesting. I've looked through one before and we put it up next to my T1 and it seemed like it was higher than a RMR but obviously lower than the very high T1, but there was no real science to the comparison. I'll have to see if I can remember to bring a ruler the next time I shoot with the guy who has one, just for comparison's sake. For what it's worth, the T1 on an OEM slide w/ a Balor is ~13/16" (~2cm).

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    3,861
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Hehe..

    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Right...

    The answer entirely depends on what kind of slide you use.
    I’m not following this, as every slide is cut damn near the same all across the board...


    Huh...anyways someone post up this info as I’m now curious myself.

    One thing is the acro looks like a big damn box on their compared to a rmr..lol

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    696
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    696
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Irons are obviously more forgiving and allow for sloppy presentations. So when people complain the RMR requires one to “change their presentation” I guess I would agree but I would argue that it forces one to clean it up. The “RMR killer” ACRO has a pretty disappointing battery life considering how long it took to produce and the lineage behind it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    161
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    The “RMR killer” ACRO has a pretty disappointing battery life considering how long it took to produce and the lineage behind it.
    I don't understand why people were so surprised about the ACRO battery life. Look at the battery spec sheets, and it was very obvious that it was going to have a fairly short battery life. A 2032 has almost 5 times the capacity as a 2025.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,762
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I don't understand why people were so surprised about the ACRO battery life. Look at the battery spec sheets, and it was very obvious that it was going to have a fairly short battery life. A 2032 has almost 5 times the capacity as a 2025.
    Having had mine on setting 7 for 3 months now, non-stop, I don't see the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •