Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Biggest B.S. or Funniest Story You've been told about guns.

I'm sure we've all been hanging in the LGS, around the camp fire or at the range and have heard some of the biggest B.S. stories that you had to really try hard not to laugh in someones face, like some clown swearing he regularly kills deer from 800 to 1000 yards, with a .30 - .30 lever gun.

I'll start with one of my favorites. I was in PA quite a few years ago, and had taken my (then) young son to a local public shooting range so he could sit in my lap and "help" shoot pistols. A couple of 20 something's came over. These guy's seriously looked like they just walked of the set of Deliverance. One asked me what I was shooting. It was a stainless Ruger Super Black Hawk with a 1 or 2X scope, don't remember .44 mag.

Then the guy started sounding like an evangelical pastor on a roll, claiming he wouldn't have one of those because they were so dangerous. He went on to explain ( while very animated) that his Grandpa had one. While shooting it, the recoil was so great, that the hammer spur actually got stuck in his skull, according to the"banjo players". Then he went on to tell me how, with some help they got the Ruger, that was hanging off of his forehead free and then Grandpa meted out some serious punishment. (By this time, I know it was impossible for the Grandson to see that I was fighting hard to keep from laughing my ass off, but he kept on going.)

His Grandpa was so angry that he threw the Ruger on the ground, and stomped the gun to little pieces. By this time I've got tears coming out and this kid doesn't miss a lick and keeps on going. I wanted to ask him if his grandpa had a set of "jaws of life" that they cut cars open with, strapped to his feet, but now the humor was wearing off and I continued shooting, and the pair eventually wandered off

Let's here one of yours.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 15 August 2019 at 20:45.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems like anytime .50 BMG enters the conversation, somebody always brings up one about how the wake can sear/tear off skin if the round passes within a foot of a human target.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was probably 12 or so when this happened....

We lived out in the county. There were a couple other houses near ours East and West but then it was a good quarter mile before the next one. Miles to the North and probably half mile to the South. We didn't have a lot of property ourselves but surrounded by farm land.

Fourth of July meant ground fireworks and shooting guns. And for my parents, neighbors and their friends, LOTS of beer. Somehow we all survived each year.

Anyway, so dad drags out all his guns, neighbors and friends bring theirs over but boxes of shells.
    Everyone has a good ol' night and then passes out.

Well, next morning there's a knock on the door. Police wondering how the powerlines in the front of the house got ripped in half... Of course WE have no clue what happened.
    Police inquire if it may have anything to do with the 10ga hulls in the drive? Oh, no of course not. Dad: "I reload, I must have dropped those".

Power company took care of it.

Still pretty funny. I wonder just how many times they actually hit the wires.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ages ago, Gun City in Nashville ... nice LGS with a five lane indoor range in the basement. I frequented the place, and got to know most of the guys. Came in one day, and "Bob" (name changed to protect the guilty) was limping. "Bob" was a big ol country boy ... around 6'2" and close to 300 pounds. "Hey Bob, looks like you've got a hitch in your get-along." "Yeah, Jer, shot myself in the ass." Seems he was downstairs on the range, with a Baby Browning .25 in a small-of-the-back holster. During a draw and fire, he did a fire and draw. Drilled a hole through his left cheek with an FMJ. "Wow, that must have hurt." He grimaced, "Not near as bad as the long swab they ran back and forth through the hole a dozen times."
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    It seems like anytime .50 BMG enters the conversation, somebody always brings up one about how the wake can sear/tear off skin if the round passes within a foot of a human target.
    https://www.full30.com/watch/MDEyOTE...-legends-ranch

Not that I actually like or endorse this kind of thing...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I heard that the assault on our 2nd Amendment rights was over in 2016.... not so funny now that I think about it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funniest thing?

People who told me that HPA was a sure thing and the Hughes Amendment repeal was next.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Funniest thing?

People who told me that HPA was a sure thing and the Hughes Amendment repeal was next.
    I'm still waiting

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    https://www.full30.com/watch/MDEyOTE...-legends-ranch

Not that I actually like or endorse this kind of thing...
    Benchrest shooting is not hunting. By definition, the Barrett is an Anti-Material weapon, not a person or fuzzy animal killer. What's next, a LaZboy chair at the benchrest? :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    HPA was a shoe-in, and making progress through congress until the damn LV shooter did his shit, may he burn in hell for eternity. It's easy to remember because 10/1 was the day my suppressor was approved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just goes to show you, once rights are lost, they don't come back.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Indeed.

And that leads to the most solid motive theory yet: to stop the HPA from hitting the President's desk. It's as plausible as anything. It gives all the anti's something to point a finger at.

Downloads
    Uploads
    How did this go from Humor and B.S. stories, to a political slug fest?
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hell looking back I think I did that... my bad

Downloads
    Uploads
    On the big B.S. front, a new coworker told a couple of us that he was a Viet vet. Stationed on a navy ship pulling downed pilots out of the South China Sea. As he looked kinda young I asked when his tour was. ‘83-‘84 he said.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode