Threaded View

Downloads
    Uploads

Biggest B.S. or Funniest Story You've been told about guns.

I'm sure we've all been hanging in the LGS, around the camp fire or at the range and have heard some of the biggest B.S. stories that you had to really try hard not to laugh in someones face, like some clown swearing he regularly kills deer from 800 to 1000 yards, with a .30 - .30 lever gun.

I'll start with one of my favorites. I was in PA quite a few years ago, and had taken my (then) young son to a local public shooting range so he could sit in my lap and "help" shoot pistols. A couple of 20 something's came over. These guy's seriously looked like they just walked of the set of Deliverance. One asked me what I was shooting. It was a stainless Ruger Super Black Hawk with a 1 or 2X scope, don't remember .44 mag.

Then the guy started sounding like an evangelical pastor on a roll, claiming he wouldn't have one of those because they were so dangerous. He went on to explain ( while very animated) that his Grandpa had one. While shooting it, the recoil was so great, that the hammer spur actually got stuck in his skull, according to the"banjo players". Then he went on to tell me how, with some help they got the Ruger, that was hanging off of his forehead free and then Grandpa meted out some serious punishment. (By this time, I know it was impossible for the Grandson to see that I was fighting hard to keep from laughing my ass off, but he kept on going.)

His Grandpa was so angry that he threw the Ruger on the ground, and stomped the gun to little pieces. By this time I've got tears coming out and this kid doesn't miss a lick and keeps on going. I wanted to ask him if his grandpa had a set of "jaws of life" that they cut cars open with, strapped to his feet, but now the humor was wearing off and I continued shooting, and the pair eventually wandered off

Let's here one of yours.

FT
    Last edited by FortTom; 15 August 2019 at 20:45.
    NRA Life Member
    Basket full of Deplorables Life Member