Downloads
    Uploads

Opinioins on the Delta 5

Daniel Dense has a bolt gun that is called the Delta 5.

https://danieldefense.com/delta-5tm-...159-07365.html

On paper this checks a lot of boxes but I want to get further opinions to see if I am missing something good or bad.

The said purpose of the rifle will be trying to shoot as far and as accurately as possible. I could reasonably take it out between 1,400 and 2000 yards to plink some steel.

---

What I like about it (considering that I've never seen one in person, much less finger banged or actually shot one).

In no order:

The barrel is threaded from the factory.

The way the barrel attaches is through a barrel nut system, which means potentially there could be easier barrel replacements. Not that I plan to go through a lot of barrels but this could be a nice touch. You can also from what I gather switch calibers if you desire with "less" hassle (from 6.5 CM to .308 or vice versa)

The trigger is light and adjustable and it's single stage.

20 MOA base already included

Uses PMAGs

I am sure I could find some more things that I like once I get to play with one, but before I go chasing one of these down I would like opinions from the peanut gallery.

I do have the desire to get a nice Impact Precision, or a Defiance (or some other) high dollar $1,200 action and just build up a gun but all things considered I might have to go with an off the rack model first and try to wear one of those out (that is until my lottery numbers come in)...

What do you guys think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks pretty sweet and fairly priced. Post some pic's if you pick one up.
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    Looks pretty sweet and fairly priced. Post some pic's if you pick one up.
    If I get one it will likely be a Christmas present for myself... then you know, optics and other expensive stuff. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm intrigued, as well, but for the $$ I plan on going with a Tikka T3X TAC A1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm intrigued, as well, but for the $$ I plan on going with a Tikka T3X TAC A1
    Post up a link and tell me 'why'. This is the whole reason for the thread, not to pick on, but to pick other people's brains.

By the time I am done I will be at least several thousand dollars deep into just one rifle so I am going to nerd out and try to make the best choices possible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Post up a link and tell me 'why'. This is the whole reason for the thread, not to pick on, but to pick other people's brains.

By the time I am done I will be at least several thousand dollars deep into just one rifle so I am going to nerd out and try to make the best choices possible.
    Yessir

Tikka has been out for a while and pretty well proven itself in a fairly competitive field once you consider the RPR, Savage Stealth, Bergara HMR and Howa Bravo that each provide a lot of bang for the buck. Even if the DD turns out to be wildly popular, it will take a while for the aftermarket to catch up so you'll be pretty limited in the mean time.

I'm sure the DD will prove to be a solid rifle but the price is a little steep for what you get, IMO, and I don't think it's justified. Now, if you can get a killer deal then maybe that helps balance things out.

Note that all the above is my view formed from Alamo-like internet research. I haven't shot any of the above rifles and seldom shoot the Savage bolt gun I do have (Savage 16 in 7mm-08) as I generally prefer to shoot gas guns. But, I to plane to pick up a nice long range bolt gun in a year or three and if I was buying today I'd get the Tikka.
    Last edited by BoilerUp; 27 August 2019 at 19:08.