Downloads
    Uploads

Common Thread Pitch Suppressor Mounts

After testing all of the Q cans when they first hit the market I was really impressed by the design of their direct thread but especially their qd mount with the tapered design of the Cherry Bomb . Now begins the dilemma of wanting to get the Q cans but not wanting to deal with being stuck with brand specific mounts that won't work on any of my other brands while wanting a solution for Silencerco's deplorable asr mounting system . If only there was a uniform thread pitch that companies would build a mount option for .

Enter DeadAir's keymo mount which will deal with my asr mount issues but I will only be able to use Silencerco or DeadAir cans . Time passes & Q develops the Plan B which also solves the mortar issue of the asr so my silencerco woes are covered. But what if their are new cans I will want which is a guarantee , do I have to buy all new brakes and only use certain cans on certain guns ?

Enter the Energetic Armament who after playing around with mount designs for their Vox decided that their wasting their time when DeadAir & Q have made far superior mounting systems for qd so why not make it 1.375-24 so it can accept multiple brand mounts . Then another company jumps on board of this fantastic trend in providing options & makes the YHM Turbo K which fits all mounts in 1.375-24 .

Sorry for this long winded post but I just felt like mentioning that I'm very excited about this trend in suppressor manufacturers allowing for multiple options in mounts so I can use multiple brand cans across all my firearms with only having to use one brake.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like this thread is worthless without pics.

But as a fan of dedicated setups, I'm not worried too much about maximum compatibility.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve seen some bad wear after low round counts on a Q can....5k rounds of subsonic 300BLK. That and some things on the personal side of the ownership both have me not in the Q camp. Not to mention their taper mount isn’t the holy grail like KB says it is...no matter how bad he trashes other brands

If I were to buy a new 7.62 can today it would either be a Micro 30 (it’s little and modular), Griffin Explorr (it’s light and compatible with my mounts) or most likely a CGS Hyperion. The Hyperions are showing some crazy results in suppression and durability (almost 13,000 back to back semi auto rounds fired from an 18” 260 Rem with basically no wear)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I learned that the SilencerCo, Griffin, and Rugged 9mm cans also all use the same internal thread pitch so you can swap out the mounts. This proved hand for me as my Griffin 3-lug adapter was too tight for 3 out of 4 of my 3-lug barrels but fits like a glove on MPX. I put a Rugged 3-lug mount in my Griffin can and it works fine on all barrels but isn't as tight on my MPX. Need to order an Obsidian 9. Most of my cans are Griffin, but I'm really liking Rugged

Downloads
    Uploads
    Question, pardon my ignorance on this. Direct thread mounting (thinking rifle, obviously) with a user serviceable can: with the loss of the MD, you lose the sacrificial effect. Will the manufacturer, let's say Griffin, replace the initial baffle as a maintenance item, or does that cause end of life for the silencer? My question is basically are serviceable cans renewable, or consumable?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Question, pardon my ignorance on this. Direct thread mounting (thinking rifle, obviously) with a user serviceable can: with the loss of the MD, you lose the sacrificial effect. Will the manufacturer, let's say Griffin, replace the initial baffle as a maintenance item, or does that cause end of life for the silencer? My question is basically are serviceable cans renewable, or consumable?
    Even if the can isn’t able to be disassembled at the user level, the manufacturer (or a competent 07/02) can usually crack it open and fix what needs fixing. Look at ECCO Machine in Colorado. He does some AWESOME work on other brands of cans. I’m sending one of mine to him to work some magic on. Either a DT conversion or converting it to work with griffin mounts (Plan A with a titanium minimalist mount to save weight which is something else I want him to do....trim the fat off the can)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to know. Thanks man!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I feel like this thread is worthless without pics.

But as a fan of dedicated setups, I'm not worried too much about maximum compatibility.
    Pics will be up as soon as anything is in stock & shipped to me
    I also run dedicated setups but being an /02 I have a wide variety of cans I use for demo models and it's nice to run a couple setups that work with all flavors

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I’ve seen some bad wear after low round counts on a Q can....5k rounds of subsonic 300BLK. That and some things on the personal side of the ownership both have me not in the Q camp. Not to mention their taper mount isn’t the holy grail like KB says it is...no matter how bad he trashes other brands

If I were to buy a new 7.62 can today it would either be a Micro 30 (it’s little and modular), Griffin Explorr (it’s light and compatible with my mounts) or most likely a CGS Hyperion. The Hyperions are showing some crazy results in suppression and durability (almost 13,000 back to back semi auto rounds fired from an 18” 260 Rem with basically no wear)
    I'd love to hear more about that wear on their cans because all of my Q stuff has been fantastic but with that being said I'm not a Q or die fanboy , ok maybe a little . I definitely agree that Kevin isn't for everyone but doesn't claim to be and like him or not he is driving progress in the industry which is good in a market that sometimes runs in place .
    OSS HX-QD 762 Ti , CGS Hyperion , a couple of the Elite Irons & the GunWerks 8IGHT & 6IX

My upcoming list of 7.62 cans I want is pretty much everything outside silencerco & deadair lol . I am looking forward to getting my hands on the Arsenal/Gemtech for my Akm's ,

Downloads
    Uploads
    Half Nelson (I think that’s what it is) with 5000 rounds of 300BLK. Thats a TON of wear. And as for Q’s progress....they like to talk about how all these other companies are copying existing designs, but they are doing a ton of that. The Cherry Bomb is a copy of a muzzle device made in Holland for the G28 years before Q was a company. And then there’s the whole stalking thing....I can’t give money to that

Name:  B210EA72-5541-4F0B-9548-1107171FECFF.jpeg
Views: 7600
Size:  153.4 KB