Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Mn.
    Posts
    1,864
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Oopps. "Turns out the earlier reports were wrong, all wrong. I guess all we can do is play you a song."

    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,286
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    Turns out, this article conflicts other reports. The latest is that colt is fulfilling a contract and halting civilian sales till November.

    Im sure well know a lot more before the weekend and who is fired over the PR snafu.
    November has a tendency to become, first quarter 2020, and so forth. Waiting on this a little more to see what actually happens.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,286
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (September 19th, 2019) – There have been numerous articles recently published about Colt’s participation in the commercial rifle market. Some of these articles have incorrectly stated or implied that Colt is not committed to the consumer market. We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market.

    The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

    On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles. Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering. We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers.

    At the end of the day, we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change. Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world.

    Very respectfully,

    Dennis Veilleux, President and Chief Executive Officer

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,643
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I get his point, and I'm glad that Colt is getting contracts to help keep them going and keep jobs for the employees. But I fear the message will get distorted once the internet gets a hold of this.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,286
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Must be a lot of LE contracts somewhere, because most of the LE agencies in my area have moved on to other manufacturers.

    I can't imagine Colt is selling a ton of MIL guns either.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,643
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I'm guessing at the point they're at now, anything is better than nothing.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,825
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (September 19th, 2019) – There have been numerous articles recently published about Colt’s participation in the commercial rifle market. Some of these articles have incorrectly stated or implied that Colt is not committed to the consumer market. We want to assure you that Colt is committed to the Second Amendment, highly values its customers and continues to manufacture the world’s finest quality firearms for the consumer market.

    The fact of the matter is that over the last few years, the market for modern sporting rifles has experienced significant excess manufacturing capacity. Given this level of manufacturing capacity, we believe there is adequate supply for modern sporting rifles for the foreseeable future.

    On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Colt’s manufacturing capacity for rifles. Colt’s commitment to the consumer markets, however, is unwavering. We continue to expand our network of dealers across the country and to supply them with expanding lines of the finest quality 1911s and revolvers.

    At the end of the day, we believe it is good sense to follow consumer demand and to adjust as market dynamics change. Colt has been a stout supporter of the Second Amendment for over 180 years, remains so, and will continue to provide its customers with the finest quality firearms in the world.

    Very respectfully,

    Dennis Veilleux, President and Chief Executive Officer

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Posts
    1
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    I don't know who is in charge or how big Colt is, but it seems like they have a crotchety old man that isn't willing to adapt or change things making decisions. It could be that or they have grown far too complacent in their size and 'tradition'.
    Last edited by aisahoga; 25 May 2022 at 01:56.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    607
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aisahoga View Post
    I don't know who is in charge or how big Colt is, but it seems like they have a crotchety old man that isn't willing to adapt or change things making decisions. It could be that or they have grown far too complacent in their size and 'tradition'.
    Dang what a necro post. Fyi colt has long since returned to the commercial market.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    15,286
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aisahoga View Post
    I don't know who is in charge or how big Colt is, but it seems like they have a crotchety old man that isn't willing to adapt or change things making decisions. It could be that or they have grown far too complacent in their size and 'tradition'.
    Don't worry, the old guys at CZ are in charge now.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    On the bank of the Mighty Muskingum
    Posts
    4,020
    Downloads
    6
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Don't worry, the old guys at CZ are in charge now.
    Damn Boomers!

    "Buy a shotgun"
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •