Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul B.A.D. - extended bolt release

I am sure some of you have seen the elusive magpul BAD (battery assist device) on other forums that allows for the right hand trigger finger to actuate the bolt release lickity-split. So, I have watched/seen rumors of this EBR device for literally 1 year now. Anyone here ever get to try/use one of the rumored few to exist? Anyone have any details on any release info - or is it just going to go down as unobtanium. Seems like a piece that needs discussing here...

video 1 of it in use, watch really close

video 2 of slow mo in use (watch close)

Downloads
    Uploads
    you mean this thing?

WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    yep, thats the thing I mean.. lucky you.. how did you come by it? do you know people who have people.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I so want one of these if you findout anything let me know. Last I heard Mapul was showing them at the 09 shot show and they are in there DVD. It looks to be pretty functional especially if you are going to run a redi-mag.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto on the "want one"

I am runnning a Redi Mag with BCE, which works great, but with a little practice the "B.A.D." looks to be awsome.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe the current model has been released outside of Magpul, though the concept is obviously similar to the earlier versions Travis has developed.

Its as shame Magpul doesn't give release dates any more on new products. I can say that there are a few Staff members who are very eager to get their hands on them, and who will be doing reviews.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I read that Travis created it OUTSIDE of Magpul, bought it to Magpul and it has been toyed with, even insinuated that an actual version is coming and will be worth the wait.... but nothing yet. I know it was/is his project and I know, see above, a few people have/had them and also know because of the fervor that gets kicked up when they mention new products, they have clammed up. But heck, a year later and nada? But, seeing as there has been 6-9 month waits for their mags at times, that must be where all the effort is going.

Not like it is that hard of a piece to develop frankly. He has mentioned he has done extensive R&D already - so you wonder what the delay is. In the meantime, a few guys with some CNC ability have created their own that are pretty impressive and 1 cat is even selling his version over at CalGuns... but I want to hold out and see IF and what Magpul pulls out... tick tock tick tock

Downloads
    Uploads
    I made my own and it works great.. I plan to make a few more for all my lowers. I still plan to buy the Magpul version in support of their great products, and it'll be proven to function in all conditions while mine is proven range reliable.

Since mine is my own version, I can't say much about Magpul's.. but if it's anything like the one I have.. it's well worth buying. It's another one of those ideas that looks so simple, but makes a world of difference. When I had a issue with my rifle during a shoot.. it save me thought time and action time to clear my rifle jam. Simply remarkable.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a copy and I like it. The only problem with the one I have is that it won't allow the use of a Redi-mag. I'm almost sold on the Redi-mag from watching Travis on the first ATC. Eject mag, insert a second, close bolt is extremely fast.

Ryo, I wish I had the skills, materials and machinery that you have. I've been thinking of a finger indention like you have on yours. Very nice!

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    The first time I saw this gizmo I didn't like it at all. I thought it was a new "wonder toy" that would quickly fade away. After watching these videos (wow) I can see they are practical and functional. It would take a lot of re-training to operate at the level shown. I would also be concerned if you had to transition between rifles that had it and didn't have it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks TS, I actually have no skills as a machinist.. but just careful on how I mill.. Went through 5 bars until I got this one..

Definitely transitioning between rifles that have and don't have the BAD can be a problem. Really you should train with both. BAD does make you "lazy", but at the same time it makes you more effective to get your gun up and running whether your just loading a new mag or clearing up a jam.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Thanks TS, I actually have no skills as a machinist.. but just careful on how I mill.. Went through 5 bars until I got this one..

Definitely transitioning between rifles that have and don't have the BAD can be a problem. Really you should train with both. BAD does make you "lazy", but at the same time it makes you more effective to get your gun up and running whether your just loading a new mag or clearing up a jam.
    I would still be milling bars.... I plan to put a BAD on every rifle.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice work Ryo. I'm anxious to try one as well!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    do you know the guys user name on calguns? or know how i could contact him to get one?

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/...ic.php?t=23631

A guys is selling something similar here.