Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm looking forward to their release. I don't run a Redi-Mag, but I still want to give the BAD a try.
    Last edited by Buckeye67; 24 June 2009 at 15:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline151 View Post
    http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/...ic.php?t=23631

A guys is selling something similar here.
    Yet another BAD copy. This one looks kind of fragile
    Factory Certified Armorer: Benelli, Beretta, Bushmaster, Colt, Glock, H&K, Remington, Ruger, SigArms, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye67 View Post
    I'm looking forward to their release. I don't run a Redi-Mag, but I still want to give the BAD a try.
    I have a redi-mod and for the love of all things holy I WANT a B.A.D. The boonie packer bolt catch extension just doesn't cut it compared to the B.A.D, especially for locking the BCG back or doing reloads.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to get off topic here, does anyone have a contact who can skeletonize a redimag for me, I purchase one for cheap at a fun show Model #RM-15 A2 but it is quite heavy..it is Gen I
    Last edited by Narco; 26 June 2009 at 19:09.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hojutsu View Post
    Yet another BAD copy. This one looks kind of fragile
    I have that one and it's on the carbine I'm testing now. I haven't had a problem with mine yet. It's not designed to work with a Redi-mag, but I don't have one yet. I will report any problems here, if they arise.

TS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I have a redi-mod and for the love of all things holy I WANT a B.A.D. The boonie packer bolt catch extension just doesn't cut it compared to the B.A.D, especially for locking the BCG back or doing reloads.
    Don't worry about it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the one from Tango5 on snipercountry with my redimod. Doesnt feel fragile to me. back side of redimag had to be relieved to make it work.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    in the interim, I ended up getting the Phase5 EBRv2 seen here. for one of my builds to test out. love it! I liked the v2 version more than the bolt on as it replaces the entire bolt catch.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good and shoudl function well based on the design. Any idea how it works with an ambi-mag release/catch like the Norgon?
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    +1 on the Phase 5 tactical, got both V1 and V2, V2 rocks!
    It really makes sense that the unit is in one-piece.

To be honest I can't really see how BAD could be any better when it finally comes out, since it is such a small and simple unit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

My ebr v2 should be arriving friday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I fired to BHO 7 times on Tuesday night with the bolt-on P5 attached. the bolt failed to lock back on an empty magazine one time out of seven. I'll get a chance to do more testing with it this coming Tuesday.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I fired to BHO 7 times on Tuesday night with the bolt-on P5 attached. the bolt failed to lock back on an empty magazine one time out of seven. I'll get a chance to do more testing with it this coming Tuesday.
    Guess that could happen as the whole bolt catch is heaver... Rob, when you say bolt-on you mean V1 (screw on) or V2 (welded on one piece)?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have five of the Phase 5 tactical ones. Only one gave me trouble this was on my 3gun rifle. I believe it's do the the very fast cycle rate. This gun has a 18" rifle gas WOA barrel, JP LMOS carrier and an adjustable gas system. With my custom 1.8oz buffer it would fail to lock back. I lightened up the faux-BAD removing a lot of the metal and refinished it with Norrells moly resin. I also had to go back to a 3.0oz CAR buffer and fiddle with the gas setting to get it to lock back.

Your can see how thin I made it here:

VA Arms Co FFL/SOT armorer
    certified HK-sidearms/S&W M&P/BUSHMASTER/GLOCK/SIG-Sauer LE/FNH-SCAR armorer
    competitive shooter sponsored by VA ArmsCo, W.A.R. rifles, BravoCoUSA, BCM, Bobro Engineering, Magpul, Magpul Dynamics, Hatfields Gunsmithing and Greeley Custom

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Guess that could happen as the whole bolt catch is heaver... Rob, when you say bolt-on you mean V1 (screw on) or V2 (welded on one piece)?
    The bolt-on. The one with the backing-plates and screws that I can't get to mount to the gun with the Redimod in place.

I have a comparison write-up between the P5 and the BAD that I'm working on, and I keep summing things up by comparing it to the movie Multiplicity. The BAD is the original Michael Keaton character. The P5 is the 4th or 5th clone that walks around in the helmet.

Having both in hand really made me appreciate the thought that went into Travis's version.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET