Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always suspected it was not RedMag compatible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From the looks of it, it looks to be incompatible with the Norgon Ambi-mag catch/release as well.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    kinda makes lefties have to choose between fast mag release or fast bolt release...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    kinda makes lefties have to choose between fast mag release or fast bolt release...
    Not just lefties, but right-handed shooters too who want to use the left hand to manipulate everything but the trigger with their left hand--keeps the right hand on grip for fire control.

Unless I am mistaken, an type of extended bolt release designed to be manipulated with the trigger finger will block an type of advanced magazine release that can be manipulated from the left side of the gun. I would have to agree that shooters, right or left-handed will have to choose between quick mag releases and quick bolt releases.
    - Federalist22

Downloads
    Uploads
    Magpul's B.A.D. is Redi-mag compatible. That is how Travis Haley (creator of the B.A.D.) has is set up. As for being left handed, petition companies like Stag Arms and DPMS to make a left handed lower to go along with their left handed uppers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbymike View Post
    Magpul's B.A.D. is Redi-mag compatible. That is how Travis Haley (creator of the B.A.D.) has is set up. As for being left handed, petition companies like Stag Arms and DPMS to make a left handed lower to go along with their left handed uppers.
    In class Travis was running the BAD without a Redi-Mag. Also the BAD we had seen pictures of doesn't even look close to his latest version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, it's polymer no more.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn, I was hoping it would be polymer...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a ebr from phase 5 tactical , which is a good option if you don't want to wait forever for the magpul bad. I have version 2 which doesn't latch on it is one solid piece.
    http://www.phase5tactical.com/g_products/ebr.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jester View Post
    Damn, I was hoping it would be polymer...
    You wont be dissapointed. It's fantastic even though it's metal.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have the Phase 5 Tactical EBRv2 on my AR and it works great with my Redi-mag. Going shooting this afternoon again with it, pics coming soon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    so any word on a release date yet

Downloads
    Uploads
    Comparison with tons of pictures and even more words. BAD vs. EBRv1

thanks to www.itstactical.com for hosting the article.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rob, awesome write up. However that only makes the waiting even harder.

Great job!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great write up rob! I'm one of those people that has admired the B.A.D. concept primarily for ease of locking the bolt back. A slightly faster reload is only icing on the cake to me. I think that both of the other "options" that are currently available missed the boat on making the bolt lock back a priority. At least the B.A.D. has a notch for your finger to help with pushing the device away from the receiver. I had to modify the Tango 5 by bending down the last 1/4" at a 45° angle in order to mimic/enhance this function.

I look forward to the day that the B.A.D. is finally released.