Downloads
    Uploads

WTT Buffer Tubes

WTT Vltor A5 or LMT Buffer Tube for a 7075 carbine buffer tube.

I built a rifle for my cousin who is fresh out of the Marines. Test fired the upper on a few lowers to make sure all was well before I give it to him, and discovered it seems to like a carbine system with an H1 better than the Vltor A5 I put on it.

Problem is the only carbine tube I have laying around is an LMT, and on that particular lower there’s some tolerance stacking that won’t let it work.

I have one other, but it’s a POS with a rough interior that feels and sounds like a spoon over a cheese grater and I’m not willing to use that on a gun that isn’t mine. ESPECIALLY on a gun that isn’t mine.

So, I’ll trade either the Vltor or the LMT, whichever you want, for a good, smooth inside, 7075 carbine RE. As long as it isn’t from Strike Industries.

ETA:
    Also, if you want the Vltor Tube, I’ve got an A5H1 buffer I’d trade for an H1.
    Last edited by Aragorn; 8 October 2019 at 14:58.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    What tolerance stacking keeps a buffer tube from working? That seems very odd.

Downloads
    Uploads
    When installed to where the buffer retaining pin is retained, the front of the buffer tube protrudes into the lower *just* far enough that it pushes the upper forward to where both T/D pins can’t be slid back in place. Had me confused for half of ever trying to figure out why I couldn’t get the pins back in. The protrusion is minuscule, but just enough with that lower to be an issue.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    PM sent.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I should add that the buffer tube works fine on the other lower I tried it with, but that lower is sporting a PWS buffer tube I’m not willing to swap out permanently. Likewise, the PWS, the Vltor, and the junk buffer tube all work fine on the lower that disagrees with the LMT.

Just a case of bad luck with tolerance stacking on my end.
    -One Nation, Under God

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    When installed to where the buffer retaining pin is retained, the front of the buffer tube protrudes into the lower *just* far enough that it pushes the upper forward to where both T/D pins can’t be slid back in place. Had me confused for half of ever trying to figure out why I couldn’t get the pins back in. The protrusion is minuscule, but just enough with that lower to be an issue.
    Thanks. That's interesting. I had to go break open one to see what you are talking about but now I can see how that could happen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, first time I’d ever seen anything like it.

Looks like FT has got me hooked up. Thanks!

FT PM replied.
    -One Nation, Under God