Something interesting happened at the GriffonSec Fall Shoot.

Running an 8.5" 300 Blackout Pistol with, and without, an AAC 762-SD suppressor. Shots fired at 25 yards only, as this was a "sight-in" session. I wanted to make this a dedicated suppressor host for sub-sonic ammunition.

The pistol's accuracy was good without the suppressor, using a variety of sub-sonic rounds. Test included S&B 200 / Winchester 190 Sub-X / and Hornady 208 A-Max. They all grouped well un-suppressed. After the S&B appeared to be something the can didn't like, I eliminated them from the next test.

I fired one group of five, un-suppressed, with the Winchester and the Hornady. I then fired one group of five, suppressed, with the Winchester and the Hornady. The target below shows the results. Again, this was only at 25 yards. I pulled a shot with each of the 190 and 208 un-suppressed ... those are on me, and noted on the target. The RDS is a Romeo-5.

As a side note, I did not see this anomaly when using the 762-SD on the 11.85" PWS MK111 Piston Upper with sub-sonics. So, my thoughts are that this is not the barrel, ammunition, or the suppressor, but something in the combination.

One last item ... this did not happen when firing supersonic ammunition in the 8.5" 300 Blackout, or out of an 8.5" 223 Wylde Pistol, also using supersonic ammunition.

Any thoughts, comments, or opinions are much appreciated. I will be contacting AAC for their opinion as well.

Name:  IMG_4568 Suppressor Target-1.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  1.11 MB