Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Scope Mounts

Got a notice about this. What do you guys think?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s like they couldn’t decide if they should copy Spuhr or Geissele. Knights feels rejected.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    Knights feels rejected.
    You beat me to the punch. I guess they've turned a new design page and have moved on from Knights.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm far from being on the cutting edge of who designed what or even most of the latest and greatest things.

That said since you brought it up Apple did not invent the mobile phone. Ferrari didn't invent the automobile. A lot of companies didn't invent what they sell.

I'm not a big scope mount expert by any means but in general where would you draw the line between taking something that is existing and trying to improve upon it and just downright copying something?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    ...but in general where would you draw the line between taking something that is existing and trying to improve upon it and just downright copying something?
    That’s why I never buy anything from Strike Industries. Improvement is one thing, and I’m all about companies doing that, but straight up theft/blatant copying is probably a good line if you’re looking for one.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    That’s why I never buy anything from Strike Industries. Improvement is one thing, and I’m all about companies doing that, but straight up theft/blatant copying is probably a good line if you’re looking for one.
    I was being rhetorical but I fully believe the same thing as you posted.

I honestly do not know nearly enough about the firearms industry to say really any more than that.

I'm never for anyone stealing. Full stop. That applies to pretty much everything.

That said thereis a major difference when people are trying to make something better in one way or another than just a flat out theft.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No love for the SPRMM... their budget model is called the SEMEN

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alamo, the mount looks interesting, but the "joke" here is that GA has a history of taking something, tweaking it slightly so it doesn't violate patent/copyright, and then selling it at a reduced cost. That's why people joke that the Griffin Armament R&D department is called "Knight's Armament."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Alamo, the mount looks interesting, but the "joke" here is that GA has a history of taking something, tweaking it slightly so it doesn't violate patent/copyright, and then selling it at a reduced cost. That's why people joke that the Griffin Armament R&D department is called "Knight's Armament."
    There's a meme floating around the internet with that, one of many I'm sure.

I'm sure the GRIFFIN mount is fine, they make good stuff, but I have yet to see anyone make a mount that wants me to switch from Bobro for everyday optics. Sphur for super high end glass.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
    It’s like they couldn’t decide if they should copy Spuhr or Geissele. Knights feels rejected.
    I lol’d at this.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The name just turns me off, however I’m looking for a good 34mm Mount and the price seems right
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why is everybody baggin' on Griffin? KMFB fanbois? Is Griffin the new poors? Spill. It's pretty hard to reinvent the circle, so I'd love to hear what they chewed off of KAC. Is the fact they mimic'd circles with squares on their SD can? Good God, they're all guilty of copying the tubular design off of somebody. Call teh Feds Edith!!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    The name just turns me off, however I’m looking for a good 34mm Mount and the price seems right
    Bobro has discontinued 201s in 34mm for 50% off

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Bobro has discontinued 201s in 34mm for 50% off
    Bobro is my first choice, and I tried but nothing gets added to my cart so I think they’re out of stock.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Why is everybody baggin' on Griffin? KMFB fanbois? Is Griffin the new poors? Spill. It's pretty hard to reinvent the circle, so I'd love to hear what they chewed off of KAC. Is the fact they mimic'd circles with squares on their SD can? Good God, they're all guilty of copying the tubular design off of somebody. Call teh Feds Edith!!
    Preeeetty much.

From a distance, it looks similar to an existing brand. Up close....different.

Griffin is the company that’s fun to hate on