Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone here own the P365XL?

After some deliberations I think I'm going to buy a P365XL as my new EDC weapon.

I have been carrying the same gun for a very long time so switching EDC is a new thing.

I have my own reasons for a change but if you have any comments on that exact firearm please share particularly if you own one or have shot one.

Also if anyone knows of a good deal or any possible sale or whatever a heads up would be greatly appreciated. While you are browsing if you see something please give me a heads up.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own and carry a P365XL, but I've swapped the grip module for the smaller P365 frame. I wanted the longer sight radius (and less instance of firing pin drag) but kept the smaller grip. Plus doing so got me the flat trigger, and the Romeo ) MRDS if that ever gets released.

Carries & conceals very nicely. My G48 is a neglected safe queen nowadays. Found a local dealer who could get me one for about $20 cheaper than I could find on line anywhere.
    Last edited by PJD642; 11 November 2019 at 21:49.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought one two weeks ago but it fails to go back into battery at least once almost every other magazine. I’ve tried different ammo, mags and shooters and the problem is still there. Sig hasn’t fixed their issues unfortunately... I’ve gotten to the point that I cannot trust or recommend anything from sig as serious use anymore. So back to my 43x until my XL comes back and then we’ll try again.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    I own and carry a P365XL, but I've swapped the grip module for the smaller P365 frame. I wanted the longer sight radius (and less instance of firing pin drag) but kept the smaller grip. Plus doing so got me the flat trigger, and the Romeo ) MRDS if that ever gets released.

Carries & conceals very nicely. My G48 is a neglected safe queen nowadays. Found a local dealer who could get me one for about $20 cheaper than I could find on line anywhere.
    What does the different grip modules do in terms of size? I've heard others say things about it but I haven't seen the change for myself.

I basically have a list of things that this gun (or ones like it) check off one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    I bought one two weeks ago but it fails to go back into battery at least once almost every other magazine. I’ve tried different ammo, mags and shooters and the problem is still there. Sig hasn’t fixed their issues unfortunately... I’ve gotten to the point that I cannot trust or recommend anything from sig as serious use anymore. So back to my 43x until my XL comes back and then we’ll try again.
    That's interesting. I've heard a lot about the regular 365 but very few reports about the XL. Naturally there are always some that need attention. That said what would you say are other firearms in this same class? The only one that I know of at or near the same size and other specs is the Glock 43(x).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    I've seen and heard this several times now, and also am starting to see that the original P365's are failing after +/- 1,000 rnds. I forget the specific failure, but agree that Sig needs more R&D and less Legion marketing.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    I've seen and heard this several times now, and also am starting to see that the original P365's are failing after +/- 1,000 rnds. I forget the specific failure, but agree that Sig needs more R&D and less Legion marketing.
    I've heard a ton of people complain about the original 365, but not so much about the 365XL.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's only been out a couple weeks. Give it time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    It's only been out a couple weeks. Give it time.
    That one has been out about six months for consumer purchase.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Give it time.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Part of the reason why I posted this thread is to get a broader consensus than just me. More eyes and ears open never hurts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    What does the different grip modules do in terms of size? I've heard others say things about it but I haven't seen the change for myself.
    The P365XL grip is slightly longer and with a flush mag holds 12+1 rounds, versus the original P365 holding 10+1 with a flush mag.

I'll upload a pic in a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    The P365XL grip is slightly longer and with a flush mag holds 12+1 rounds, versus the original P365 holding 10+1 with a flush mag.

I'll upload a pic in a bit.
    That would be helpful. It would at least give me an idea.

Downloads
    Uploads
    P365 frame atop P365XL
    Name:  IMG_1790.JPEG
Views: 342
Size:  773.1 KB

Name:  IMG_1791.JPEG
Views: 246
Size:  925.7 KB

Measuring from the rear of the slide stop notch to a point on the seated mag as close to 3/8" from the magazine front lip on each, the smaller P365 measures 3.175", and the P365XL measures 3.555". Not a huge difference, but noticeable.