Downloads
    Uploads

Les Baer Police Carbine in American Rifleman

So what do you guys think of the backward castle nut stuff? Seems like if SWAT guys REALLY wanted it, someone other than Les Baer would have done it already. If you guys didn't read the article, it said something to the effect of SWAT guys wanting to have the castle nut turned around to reduce the chance of getting cut on the edges when deploying the carbine stock.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And with it installed backwards, they stake it how?
    I haven't read the article. Is it in the June edition?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenaline151 View Post
    So what do you guys think of the backward castle nut stuff? Seems like if SWAT guys REALLY wanted it, someone other than Les Baer would have done it already. If you guys didn't read the article, it said something to the effect of SWAT guys wanting to have the castle nut turned around to reduce the chance of getting cut on the edges when deploying the carbine stock.

Pure bunk.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe it's the June issue. I just got it in the mail, I may have misplaced it(in the dump) after reading that article. Les Baer should provide one to Stick, to run next to the XD-AR, to see how it pans out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I've seen of LB as a company, I'd say that it's more likely that they put it on backwards without knowing what they were doing, had it photographed and it got out publicly, and they started using reverse logic and bullshit to try to explain their screwup.

Or, som HUA SWAT guys really did ask for it. Being SWAT is no guarantee of not suffering from Head Up Ass.
    WWW.TACTICALYELLOWVISOR.NET

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think it makes sense I've lost two fingers now from cuts on castle nuts, I mean really how often are you changing your stock under high stress situations anyway? Funny stuff.
    -BC

"I would never have a 7.62 as my primary home defense weapon. I mean by all means if I'm cleaning a 7.62 and some d-bag busts down my door I'll give him a bad day"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately I've seen several receiver extension nuts installed backwards recently. Oly Arms does it on theirs and we had a local shop install one backwards without the receiver end plate, after converting it from a fixed A2 stock (mind boggling!). SWAT mag (June '09) has an article reviewing the Del-Ton rifle kit and the photo depicting the finished product shows the backwards installation as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well you can still stake a backward castle nut so I don't see any problem there. Scratches? What big babies.

Any case wonder what type of wrench they are using because a 3 prong I use won't fit on backwards c nuts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't they wear high speed-low drag gloves anyway?