Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

More Advice on Holsters Requested

I have been through a ton of different types of holsters. I am now thinking about trying out a new to me style, that being the one I am looking at is an appendix holster with a mag holder that would be slightly canted toward my left.

If anyone has tried these types of appendix holster please tell me your experience.

Also any recommendations for companies to look at would be helpful. The only one I've seen online so far that is really kind of what I would consider is from DARA. Their tuckable modular appendix rig is in the right ball park.

Obviously I'm open to other suggestions or I would not be asking. Thanks!

https://www.daraholsters.com/tuckabl...-appendix-rig/

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you looked at G-Code? I can't use them as IWB appendix carry but I do use them for strong side IWB without the mag carrier. To me they're very comfortable.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/cat...light-bearing/

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Check out the Unity Tactical clutch ... another option

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm about 40 pounds past appendix carry, but this looks worth checking out:

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fairlanericky View Post
    Have you looked at G-Code? I can't use them as IWB appendix carry but I do use them for strong side IWB without the mag carrier. To me they're very comfortable.

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/cat...light-bearing/

Ric
    Thanks! I am more looking for one with a mag carrier as I always have an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Check out the Unity Tactical clutch ... another option
    The only one I see looks like a belly band. I am not sure if that's the one you are referring to. What's the story on that kind of holster?

Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I'm about 40 pounds past appendix carry, but this looks worth checking out:

That is absolutely excellent. Thank you for that. So far that is at the top of the heap. I like Lovell. His explanations are on point.

So far this one is the winner.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heres an option for a very low profile mag carrier if that setup your looking at gets to bulky. Been using mine for over 6 years and its still going strong...
    http://www.kytexgear.com/
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey alamo, G-Code has the mag caddy that attaches to their holster, similar to the Tier 1

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/pro...cog-mag-caddy/

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/mm5..._2_540x540.jpg

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    I bought a tier 1 concealment on a early black friday sale. I was going to buy a new belt with it but they were sold out of those. I will test out the new holster in due time. I think overall it should work just fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A follow on question now that I have already ordered a holster. I have been wearing a good leather gun belt for a long time. I'm thinking about getting one of the purpose built gun belts with the weird clip mechanism in place of the buckle.

There are hundreds of choices out there but what are your criteria, or what should I be looking for to set them apart?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lovell has a good video on gun belts, too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Been wearing rigger's belts forever, not sure about those cobra buckle thingies. Nothing beats 1/4" bull hide, plus how can you wear a proper western belt buckle with a nylon belt?
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a great leather belt now but I don't really do western wear. LOL. I'm about as Texan as you can get but that's never been in my wardrobe.

I'm just curious about the synthetic belts seeing how I've never tried one.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Following up... I got my T1C holster today. So far I am digging it but I definitely need to test it out more. VERY good concealment for my new rig.

As far as belts go---I bought a Kore Essentials belt to try out but I have not received it yet. I have a nice leather belt now, but it does have some downsides.

After watching several YouTube videos, the reason I bought the Kore (to try out) is several fold. I like how easy it is to adjust (seemingly). I always find myself not getting that 'exact' fit with other belts but the Kore can go in 1/4 inch increments, even on the fly which on the surface looks like it would be great. It's also much less expensive but it still provides what I need it to do.

Also with my leather belt it's thick. Really thick. So when I am carrying appendix you have at least 3 layers of belt, plus the buckle sitting on top of your gun. Twisting it off center helps a lot but it's not ideal.

I saw several reviews of those Cobra type buckles and after seeing the designs and pros vs cons, it's not for me. Many belts (including the one I was initially looking at) stack layer on layer then add a buckle...not ideal. That's what I am getting away from. Also those Cobra buckles are not as easily adjusted and have a few other 'cons' that I don't care for.

For $60 bucks it's about just over half of what I would pay for other things but also if I am walking around the mall I can tighten it up, but if I go sit down to relax for a few minutes or to drive home I can much more easily do micro adjustments.