Downloads
    Uploads

FCD- stripped lower/2020?

Like most of you guys I just got Rogers email which said:

For us, it's been another year of progress in new product offerings and hopefully, brand recognition, and we have our friends, customers and dealers to thank for that. We're not ones to take anything for granted. As much as we prefer to express our gratitude with more than words, they're still important and must be said: we are thankful for what we have, and especially grateful for our friends and family. for without your support, Forward Controls would not be here today.

For our part, our purpose has ever been the same, we want to make a meaningful difference in the way users interact with their firearms so they can be even more proficient. We're happy to have found kindred spirit with many in the industry. In 2020, we will see LRF (Lower Receiver, Forward Controls) and ASF (Ambidextrous Selector, Forward Controls), both collaboration projects with the fine folks at SOLGW. These are but two of the half dozen planned new projects to see production.

Nice email but I particularly liked "In 2020, we will see LRF (Lower Receiver, Forward Controls)" So I guess the cat is out of the bag.
    If Roger doesnt mind maybe we can kick around some ideas for it.

1) Huge fan of selector stops, wont buy a lower without them
    2) Huge fan of the Anodizing that Mega used to use on their lowers, I think its called wet dipped.
    3) I know Roger is very humble about the size of his logo on his products but this will be the one place where a good size FCD logo will really shine!
    4) Rounded edges

And most of all, a group buy!!!
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Surface prep is the biggest factor in ano finish. Tumbled will give you a different look vs sand blasted vs glass bead. Glass bead gives you the deep shine look vs the others, but it’s more time consuming which equals higher cost

I love ambi bolt catches and tensioning screws under the read lug
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought I was through "building", but this has my interest.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah I bet we could get Fort Tom to build just "one more" as well..
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    To add to the questions: If the lower is made with SOLGW (that has an entirely forged receiver lined up), will this collaboration be using a new bullet design to match the CMT upper or will a new forged matched upper/lower design be in the works?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would think you'd have to go with a CMT billet lower to match the previously released FCD upper.

Downloads
    Uploads
    SOLGW announced this today. They say it will be full ambi.

Is this the one FCD collaborated on, Roger?

At a quick glance, it has SMOS design cues. Seriously tempting. Due Jan 2020.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn! Another build...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I finally saw the teaser of the email you posted on m4c by Roger. Looks like it's going to happen sometime in 2020. Nice to see someone that basically started a company out of thin air into the various products he offers today. Looking forward to see how this Ambi Lower turns out.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    SOLGW announced this today. They say it will be full ambi.

Is this the one FCD collaborated on, Roger?

At a quick glance, it has SMOS design cues. Seriously tempting. Due Jan 2020.

Unless they include a aftermarket ambi magazine release it’s not a fully ambidextrous lower.