Thread: 190 SUB-X

Downloads
    Uploads

190 SUB-X

These came today from Midway. Im hoping they motivate me to finally get my bench set up. I figure if they actually expand sub-sonic they would be an ideal HD round. Looking for a recipe with no joy yet.

What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?" -Antonin Scalia

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a pdf of an older loading manual that has recipes for 190 grain subs.

When I get home we can take a look.

I am also going to make a load for some 190 grain nosler bullets which should carry over quite nicely. Maybe we can compare notes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use H110 for both subs and supers for my 300 BLK and am pleased with the results. Was able to tune the charge to get 220s to run at almost exactly 1,000 fps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    I use H110 for both subs and supers for my 300 BLK and am pleased with the results. Was able to tune the charge to get 220s to run at almost exactly 1,000 fps.
    I ended up using H110 for that cast bullet thing I did. I loaded 1000 subsonic rounds and it was fully functional with bolt hold open etc.

Cast bullets are a little (or a lot) different to load but I will definitely try to develop a load for the 190 FMJ with H110.

That stuff meters really well, is available everywhere, and runs clean.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I also used h110 when I did super BO’s..but for subs I’d as do look at AA 1680

Downloads
    Uploads
    Per the document this came from the test firearm had a 16" barrel.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  188.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ive re-thought these bullets for home defense. Too much risk of over penetration. Better to save them for stealthy zombies hunting.

With any luck Ill be dead before the hordes hit the streets.
    What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?" -Antonin Scalia