Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help Me Find a New flashlight

Recently while teaching a class, my daily carry flashlight "went missing". This flashlight was reviewed here by me several months ago and will be the standard I measure the new light by. Here is the thread to review, http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...read.php?t=769

This new light will be a replacement for my Surefire E2e with LED upgrade head from TNVC, the light will need to produce superior light, fit in my pocket without looking like I have a medical condition and run off of CR123 or AA batteries. I would like it to have a clip also.

Let me see what you guys think? I am currently using my Surefire A2 Aviator with red LED. I like the light a lot though it just doesn't produce the amount of light or project what it does to my satisfaction.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum
    Colt M16 Armorer, Colt 1911 Armorer, Glock Armorer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you looking to do an upgrade to a light, or are you looking to have it stellar straight out of the box?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see the opinions of guys for stuff straight out of the box. I can re-create what I had easy enough. Just thought the crew here might have a intel to add.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think my current favorite is the Surefire Scout light. Its a weapon light, bright, comes with a low profile mount, and may serve what you are looking for.

I obtained one awhile back, if you need to grab it for awhile, let me know and I'll get it out to you.

Different color, and shown with the ADM mount.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My only comment is that the Scouts are wonderful lights, but their standard mount is pure shit. I had one fall right off during some practical rifle. I highly recommend something like the Larue mount or ADM mount.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    The scout light looks good though it doesn't have a pocket clip.

Dutch
    si vis pacem para bellum

Downloads
    Uploads

Fenix TK11 R2

I just got a new Fenix tk11 r2 it is 240 lumens and was only like $75 battery life seem pretty good, I am running it on a single 18650 rechargeable instead of two 123's. Ill try and get some pictures up here for you. But overall the design and manufacturing seems to be very good.

Hope this helps,
    Adam

Downloads
    Uploads

Fenix TK11 R2 PICS

Downloads
    Uploads
    A Surefire E2D LED!

Downloads
    Uploads

Fenix TK11 R2 PICS

Downloads
    Uploads

Fenix TK11 R2 PICS

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a co-worker who is my torch advisor so for the record I'm not that versed on flashlights. He recommended the Fenix and I bought one. Very nice light at a great price. A short time later he purchased an EagleTac T10L. After testing / playing with it for a short time I ordered one of them also. I don’t know the specs off the top of my head but I believe it is brighter (225 lums?), smaller and in addition to the standard 123 batteries it also accepts a li-ion rechargeable (mod. 18650). The runtime is incredible! I work the midnight shift and this is my primary duty light. I recharge every couple of weeks just to be safe but I have never ran it dead. I couldn’t be happier with it and the price was just about the same as Fenix ($70ish). GREAT LIGHT. Send a message to policetacteam and he will be happy…maybe a little too happy, to give you all the nerdeeze specs, websites and etc.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    A Surefire E2D LED!
    +1

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like these guns. It's very beautiful. And its tactical flashlight is very cool.
    the last rose of the summer

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wantshooe View Post
    I like these guns. It's very beautiful. And its tactical flashlight is very cool.

That link doesn't work for me.

Anyone tried out the new Insights lights?