Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cz scorpion or build a 9mm AR

I’ve been going round and round for a while..just spit balling as I’d have to sell some stuff and use my bday/Xmas for something like this

Is the Cz scorpion a good option or would it be better to just build a short barreled ar pistol?

Spec if out some decent parts for a 9mm build I’m coming up about the same price vs a evo with a brace.

As I’ve seen the cz’s down to 800 but nothing lower

Discuss...

Really want to get back into a short barreled pistol, and a 9mm version has always been in the list.. that or revamp my eating itself apart aero p 10.5” pistol...which I’m not so excited about..lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd go with a Scorpion. They are fun guns.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Im leaning that way but it’s just a big chunk at once unlike piecing together an AR..which those cmt lowers are on my radar

Found a few new ones on armslist for 5 bills..seems almost too good of a deal

https://www.armslist.com/posts/10846...ash-can---lnib

Without flash can

https://www.armslist.com/posts/10838...ail-for-optics

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're on a budget, I get it, piecing together something seems easier, but if you can pull it off, the Scorpion gets my vote.

Higher resell too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  A5985A2B-AEE1-498D-A803-AEFC278C8706.jpeg
Views: 7742
Size:  1.62 MB

The K is more money, but a lot of compact fun as well

Downloads
    Uploads
    Damn that looks fun..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Needs a more vertical grip. I wonder how well magpul's new one addresses that...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I keep the 9mm AR just because I can use Glock mags. But it is intolerably gassy with a can so I only run a blast deflector. Much prefer the Scorpion after a few mods. Most essential IMO are the HBI trigger spring kit and a longer charging handle. Both cheap upgrades. I also added a Magpul grip, duckbill mag release and CZ Custom folder adapter with AR tube and brace which totaled about $400 more. Much more pleasant to shoot with an Omega 9K than the AR9.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    And the grand power stribog is getting good reviews and under the base price of the cz with a Sb brace.

Name:  0AC1F9CF-1BC9-4F44-9C1C-AE8EB551D8CB.jpeg
Views: 2060
Size:  53.2 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just remember, you can piece-meal money just like you can piece-meal gun parts, and the money will hold its value much more than most gun parts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    And the grand power stribog is getting good reviews and under the base price of the cz with a Sb brace.

Name:  0AC1F9CF-1BC9-4F44-9C1C-AE8EB551D8CB.jpeg
Views: 2060
Size:  53.2 KB
    Looks cool, but that name just irks me. Sounds like a Russian swamp goonie.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've never known anyone with a Scorpion who didn't love it. I think you'd be happiest going that route over the long haul. Surprisingly good shooter for a blow-back gun.

I think the main reason to go with an "AR9" is if you want a common manual-of-arms as your AR so you're still building consistent subconscious manipulation skills. If that's the case, then I'd say to save up even more pennies until you can swing a Sig MPX. Those are pricey, but worth it, IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another +1 for the MPX, even if mags for that are stupid expensive (~$50+ each). If you're gonna shoot suppressed I'd go with the Scorpion, simply because the rear end doesn't have a charging handle or other openings like the MPX or the AK-V.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you ever plan on suppressing it, don't do an MPX. Otherwise it is a fine platform.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    If you ever plan on suppressing it, don't do an MPX. Otherwise it is a fine platform.
    That's a pretty extreme view. I love shooting my MPX suppressed. With 147gr subs it doesn't even register on my shot timer. Yes, I get gas in the face, but I'd say it's similar to an SBR AR in that regard. I do understand the Scorpion produces little, if any, gas in the face when shooting suppressed, though, so is a more enjoyable to shoot suppressed platform.