Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    That's a pretty extreme view. I love shooting my MPX suppressed. With 147gr subs it doesn't even register on my shot timer. Yes, I get gas in the face, but I'd say it's similar to an SBR AR in that regard. I do understand the Scorpion produces little, if any, gas in the face when shooting suppressed, though, so is a more enjoyable to shoot suppressed platform.
    Compared to other platforms, the the MPX is not my thing when it comes to suppressed 9mm's. I'm biased as I have like every 9mm platform there is, so the shortcomings IMHO with the MPX is obvious

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know nothing of the Stribog that was mentioned earlier but, do know about and own both the MPX and CZ. Both have respective pros and cons. I managed to get my hands on a B&T GHM9 and IMHO just wow. The gen 1's with the feed ramp updates run between the CZ and MPX (about 1400.00). Can be updated to take Glock mags and has easily become my favorite hands down.

Name:  20191209_161628.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  1.13 MB
    “Fast is fine, But accuracy is final.” Wyatt Earp

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DISCOM View Post
    I know nothing of the Stribog that was mentioned earlier but, do know about and own both the MPX and CZ. Both have respective pros and cons. I managed to get my hands on a B&T GHM9 and IMHO just wow. The gen 1's with the feed ramp updates run between the CZ and MPX (about 1400.00). Can be updated to take Glock mags and has easily become my favorite hands down.

Name:  20191209_161628.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  1.13 MB
    Probably my next B&T Gun, that or the APC223.... those are all just sweet shooters

Downloads
    Uploads
    I own an AR9.
    I've shot a Scorpion quite a bit (friend's SBR).
    I've shot a couple Stribogs (braced).
    Both I've shot suppressed and both seemed fine. However, I admit, I don't shoot suppressed a lot so I have very little to compare to.

I'd pick either the Scorpion or the Stribog over an AR9.
    My AR9 is fun, don't get me wrong but there are a few things it lacks or make it awkward that keep it from being anything other than a range toy.

MY OPINION
    AR9 Advantages:
    • You can piecemeal it together over time.
    • Many common parts to AR15 parts, easy to source and replace.
    • Again, common parts means you may already have parts laying around to start the build.
    • Some familiar controls if you're already used to an AR15.
    • No new mags to acquire if you already own a Glock, ect.

AR9 Disadvantages:
    • The parts that are NOT common to the AR15 might be hard to find if the AR9 dies out in popularity.
    • Lack of LRBHO
    • The combination of LRBHO and a typical AR style charging handle. YUCK!
      In my opinion, no LRBHO isn't such a big deal if it were left side charging.
    • The angle of Glock or other pistol mags make it a little harder to insert mags.
    • Cannot fold brace/stock without adding quite a bit of cost.

Having said all that. If you can build an AR9 significantly cheaper or if it's just a range toy, an AR9 really is a bunch of fun. It just has it's limitations/quirks.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    The CMMG Banshee MKG/MKGs series (or whatever they're naming them now) have built-in LRBHO on their glock magazine-specific lowers. You can also spring for the costly CMMG adaptor kits for magpul magazines and use those with a standard AR lower (and a CMMG radial delayed blowback upper) and get LRBHO too. Fun to shoot as plinkers. Might run one in PCC for USPSA next year.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PJD642 View Post
    The CMMG Banshee MKG/MKGs series (or whatever they're naming them now) have built-in LRBHO on their glock magazine-specific lowers. You can also spring for the costly CMMG adaptor kits for magpul magazines and use those with a standard AR lower (and a CMMG radial delayed blowback upper) and get LRBHO too. Fun to shoot as plinkers. Might run one in PCC for USPSA next year.
    I'll say I shot one of theirs that used the Magpul mags with the insert. That gun was fun and has advantages over typical AR9s. But the cost is much higher and at that point, I think I'd rather spend the money on a gun designed to be a 9mm.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good info

I don’t know what I’m gonna do..this is just a huge want, as nothing new all year and I think I can make something work..

But I probably shouldn’t as I’m struggling to figure out what I’m gonna do for Xmas for everyone else..

Ehh..to be responsible sometimes sux..lol..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Good info

I don’t know what I’m gonna do..this is just a huge want, as nothing new all year and I think I can make something work..

But I probably shouldn’t as I’m struggling to figure out what I’m gonna do for Xmas for everyone else..

Ehh..to be responsible sometimes sux..lol..
    I hear ya. I had a Christmas budget set. Spent all that.
    I had $200 set aside for suppressor, ended up spending that on the wife too.... Damn it.
    100% went over board on Christmas this year.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    david@damagephotos.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    So narrowed it down...kinda

Stribog or Scorpion...

Who’s got the deals on a scorpion?
    Can find the stribog pst for 680 + shipping/tax

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can break either into several payments with Capitol Armory and a few other places. Makes it more manageable if you really want it. No gun til its paid off though, so that doesn't help the small stack burning a hole in the pocket.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya that’s the problem right kw, so much is out of stock

I’m really intrigued by the new A3 stribog s with the delayed roller back design.