Downloads
    Uploads

Magpul ASAP sling mount question

I just recieved my Magpul ASAP sling mount and I'm wondering what the two tiny metal pieces are used for. There were no instructions and could not see how these two pieces would be needed to mount the ASAP. Any info or explanation would be appreciated!
    Adversity introduces us to ourselves

Facebook: Loess Hills Tactical

Downloads
    Uploads
    One of them goes in the cut out at the bottom of the ASAP, that fits in the channel of the buffer tube. One is meant for a commercial stock, the other a milspec. The advice given from magpul is to use the longest/tightest one you can.

So you'll start installing the ASAP plate, then before you tighten the castle nut you'll insert that tab into that gap, then complete installation. Make sense?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    One of them goes in the cut out at the bottom of the ASAP, that fits in the channel of the buffer tube. One is meant for a commercial stock, the other a milspec. The advice given from magpul is to use the longest/tightest one you can.

So you'll start installing the ASAP plate, then before you tighten the castle nut you'll insert that tab into that gap, then complete installation. Make sense?

Good way to explain it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That makes complete sense! Thanks for the help!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I installed my endplate and had to file the larger pin just a bit to get it to install correctly. It can be a PITA to get it right and it took several tries! Each time I carefully filed a small ammount away until it fit perfectly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The taller tab required a few passes with the file, then mallet-ed in place. I found staking the plate was far harder (yay staking tools!). Either way, pretty easy.

Glad you got it installed right.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Downloads
    Uploads
    I used the bigger one (commercial tube) and it was a biatch to get in there but no filing was required.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm waiting for my Vltor E-Mod stock and buffer tube to arrive. I'm curious how much filing will be required to get it properly installed!?! Did anyone else get any instructions in regards to the metal tabs or was it just that obvious and I didn't immediately pick up on it?

Downloads
    Uploads
    No file work needed on any of mine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Policetacteam View Post
    I'm waiting for my Vltor E-Mod stock and buffer tube to arrive. I'm curious how much filing will be required to get it properly installed!?! Did anyone else get any instructions in regards to the metal tabs or was it just that obvious and I didn't immediately pick up on it?
    The instructions included from Magpul were not very easy to understand at first, so I went online and found some folks on another forum who answered my questions. The Magpul instructions made more sense after I read the advice from others online. It took many attempts but I finally got the pin to seat. The Magpul instructions list a web address to a pdf file on their site that supposedly has more detailed installation information. The link was not active when I got my endplate.