Downloads
    Uploads

Help me find an optic. Criteria inside

I’ve been shooting a good bit of precision rifle matches lately, and I have some scopes that get the job done but aren’t quite checking all the boxes

I’d rather have a slightly lower crystal clear magnification (18-20x) versus a hazy 24-25x

Trijicon’s Accupoint 5-20 mildot pisses me off because it’s got MOA turrets and a MIL reticle

I want:

Exposed (not capped) turrets with a zero stop function
    Side parallax
    Objective size and tube size doesn’t matter but 30mm tube and 50mm obj is sort of the middle ground
    FFP preferred but not required
    MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA, just needs to MATCH.
    A reticle that offers precision capability...not too thick or cluttered. The NF SHV MOAR reticle in their 5-20 optic ($1195) is about perfect. The Leupold VX3i-LRP 6.5-20 TMOA reticle ($900) is great but only available in SFP.

I’d like to stick to about $1000 but I’d kick that up a tad if it meant I got the whole list (like the SHV 5-20)

The Vortex PST 2 5-25 doesn’t seem worth the upgrade. The GLx Primary Arms optic offers what I’m looking for but I have a hard time believing it would offer the same glass etc as a NF or Leupold etc. I say that however but the SLx 3-18 Apollo 224 Valkyrie model I got on sale just to test looks better than my Gen 1 PST 6-24, and the turrets, glass, and reticle in the GLx 2.5-10x44 my buddy snagged on Black Friday Really impressed me.

Any QUALITY scopes in the ballpark I mentioned? Swinging for a $2000 optic isn’t quite in the cards at the moment

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything holding you back from the SHV? Seems like that meets your criteria.

Burris XTR II is probably worth considering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BoilerUp View Post
    Anything holding you back from the SHV? Seems like that meets your criteria.

Burris XTR II is probably worth considering.
    Just seeing what else is out there I suppose. I’ll take a look at Burris’ XTR line

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the Steiner P5xi, or somesuch? They are rumored to have their S in one sock now...
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Incase u didn’t see it, 6-24 PST scopes new- moa for 499

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vip...t-624f1-a.aspx

Some good deals on some Burris ones that check the box

https://www.hinterlandoutfitters.com...0-p-60716.html

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't looked through the SHV, but that reticle looks to be the same thickness (although different layout) as my ATACR 4-16 and I find that very usable, even on a B/C steel at 850. I've heard good things about the SHVs given their price point. Seems like a great option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Scope list has some decent sale pricing on Leupold VX-5 and VX-6 models right now. I've always been really impressed by Leuopld's glass and they are good at keeping the weight down, I've just never been a huge fan of their reticles and their elevation can be a bit limited in some models. But worth considering.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just seen this pretty damn good deal on a razor hd 5-20 with all the criteria your seeking $1100

https://www.schuylerarmsco.com/chris...oa-ffp-2535994

Cause I was bored, pretty good deal at optics planet on the shv 5-20-56 for 1000-1200 ish depending on what one..plus there’s always 10-11% off coupons Around

https://www.opticsplanet.com/nightfo...cope-30mm.html
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 21 December 2019 at 07:39.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Curious...what rifle/caliber is this going on?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Curious...what rifle/caliber is this going on?
    Most likely a 5.56

With the competing I’m doing, I’ve already figured out the regular PST I’ve got isn’t going to cut it for long term use, not for durability reasons but just things it doesn’t do that great or at all

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Most likely a 5.56

With the competing I’m doing, I’ve already figured out the regular PST I’ve got isn’t going to cut it for long term use, not for durability reasons but just things it doesn’t do that great or at all
    I ran across this info from another poster.....Optics Planet deal......57% off