Downloads
    Uploads

WTS: SMOS AR 18” Stainless 5.56/.223 GFY Rifle Black

Unfired SMOS 18” Stainless 5.56/.223 GFY Rifle in Black with 15” GFY MLOK rail AND 13.5” GFY Quad rail. This gun consists of a factory purchased billet matched SMOS GFY upper receiver/lower receiver set that was Factory built into a complete upper / partial lower (see SMOS receipts below). Complete factory upper includes a new SMOS 18” Stainless .223 Wylde chamber Shilen 1:8 twist match barrel Lo-Pro rifle length gas, GFY upper receiver (from matched set), SMOS Flat “no pocket” port door cover, 15”GFY MLOK rail AND a Factory fitted GFY 13.5 Quad rail, SMOS nitrided HP/MPI BCG, and a GI charging handle. The GFY Lower (from matched set) includes the following factory installed components by SMOS: bolt catch, milspec buffer tube, buffer retainer/spring, qd endplate, castle nut, receiver take-down pins, and custom buffed 1-piece mag catch. The remaining lower parts include a new Geissele SSA-E Enhanced Trigger with a Noveske 60 deg ambi selector (OR you can choose a like new colt “s” marked milspec selector), Magpul STR stock, Springco Milspec (White) buffer spring, Noveske H1 buffer, and a MOE black grip.

Price is $1450.00 shipped continental US to valid FFL Dealer. Will only accept Postal Money Order or certified funds from Bank of America, Wells Fargo or Chase Bank.

This rifle is sold AS-IS. There are no refunds, returns or exchanges.

Rifle can ONLY be transferred and shipped to a valid FFL Dealer, no exceptions

Know your state laws!!! Will not ship this rifle to ANY State with restrictions.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EXPORT FOR ANY REASON!

Last edited by HalfByTwentyEight; 22 December 2019 at 06:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice Rifle. Doesn't sound like SMOS is coming back to the GFY or retail market anytime soon. Get it while it's hot!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, SMOS (Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply ) is now Stubborn Mule Manufacturing. GFY line has been discontinued, and they are focusing on OEM contracts at this point (no more retail sales). Speaking with Matt and Jason earlier this year, it also sounded like they were trimming the barrel line at that (discontinuing barrels like the 12.5" middy, 13.7" middy, and the 16" rifle length gas (my personal fav).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Besides Oregon Rifle Works, are SMOS-made barrels even available anywhere? The Great Equalizer has a few left before they closed shop a while back. I know no others.

The GFY is available at Head Down Arms in the standard lineup. A lightning cut version is at Joint Force Ent. if they have any left. VSeven has a version of the lower. And if the pics from SOLGW are any clue, a rifle with GFY design cues is in the works. I could be way off on the latter but the resemblance would be uncanny.

For those who know what they are looking at, this rifle deal is a scream. A true precision rig at a great price. It’s a $2000+ rifle on the market. I have the same rifle and barrel and it’s one of my favorites.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Appreciate the updated info. Those Heads Down Arms rifles sure look like GFY upper/lowers to me. Great to see that they decided to offer the GFY line on an OEM basis. ORW is the only dealer that I was aware for barrel availability, but there could be others. Anybody else have any leads on SMOS barrels?