Downloads
    Uploads

Early Christmas - Geissele messed up my wife's order!

I have to work on Christmas morning and I had off today (Christmas Eve) so my wife and I decided to celebrate Christmas early for the kids since I will be long gone tomorrow before the kids even wake up. When Abe and Moe had their sale a few weeks ago I asked my wife for an AM-1 knife for Christmas.

Fast forward to this morning and I am opening up my gift and out comes the knife. I was super happy. I peeled the wax coating off the knife and tried to insert it into the sheath. Well, the knife didn't fit. I was confused as to why my AM-1 knife didn't fit into the AM-1 sheath...

Well...I looked the knife over again, and the sent me the wrong knife! They sent me one of their Goodman knives! So my wife paid for the AM-1 but got a Goodman (like 3 times the value).

I feel kinda guilty keeping it, but what would you all do. Keep it? Call them and let them know they goofed?

If I do keep it, what do you think a good option for a sheath is? All Goodman sheaths are sold out on the Abe and Moe website.

All in all, that was a pretty awesome surprise for "Christmas Morning."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I would contact them and see what they want to do.

Inventory off by 1 on a $400 knife could get someone in trouble.

Downloads
    Uploads
    "I feel kinda guilty keeping it, but what would you all do."

When there is doubt, there is no doubt. My integrity is worth a lot more than $400.00 I would call them and let them know... Maintaining integrity will be the best christmas gift of all.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I sent them an email making them aware of the error and how they would like me to handle it if they want me to send it back. Looks like they won't be open again until the 27th.

Unfortunately I didn't realize the error until I already peeled the shipping wax off the blade and used it to open a few other packages.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shouldn’t have had to ask or used it. Integrity is priceless.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Shouldn’t have had to ask or used it. Integrity is priceless.
    I didn't know it was the wrong knife at first. I didn't realize until it was already opened and used and tried to sheath it. Geez man, you are kind of harsh.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    I didn't know it was the wrong knife at first. I didn't realize until it was already opened and used and tried to sheath it. Geez man, you are kind of harsh.
    I don't think he was being harsh, so don't take it personally.

You ended up doing the right thing, contacted Geissele, and waited for direction.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not being harsh at all........Merry Christmas

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Not being harsh at all........Merry Christmas
    Sorry, sometimes when you read something on screen it loses context.

Merry Christmas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Funny that the man selling them is known for screwing his dealers over every chance he has but everyone is worried about the OP’s integrity. Their screw up, their problem.

I’d keep it and request the correct sheath.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "I feel kinda guilty keeping it, but what would you all do."

When there is doubt, there is no doubt. My integrity is worth a lot more than $400.00 I would call them and let them know... Maintaining integrity will be the best christmas gift of all.
    Although it might be tempting, I'm with Stone on this one. Maybe they'll just let you keep it for what you paid for the less expensive knife. Who knows, but your conscience will be clear.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally heard back from them. They are allowing me to keep the Goodman knife with a "Merry Christmas." Awesome Christmas gift.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured they would. Its a nice knife, bought it for my son when he graduated BRC. Did the aluminum sheath...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rxer311 View Post
    Finally heard back from them. They are allowing me to keep the Goodman knife with a "Merry Christmas." Awesome Christmas gift.
    See... and now your conscious is clear. Everyone wins.

Now get that fancy sheath for it!