Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone ever tried a rimfire competition?

I just happened to find this video and this looks like an absolute blast. Has anyone here ever tried any other competition like this?

Especially being rimfire I could shoot this kind of thing in my yard for fun of course.

Dude. This looks like it would be amazing and it doesn't hurt the wallet so much and you can do it on a much smaller space.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Long ago, in a Galaxy far, far away ... I competed on a rifle team in high school. When I received my FFl, one of the first items I purchased "for inventory" was a Remington 540-XR. Still have it, but never used it in competition. On a very calm day, it has shot overlapping holes at 100 yards.

Old photo taken for visual inventory.

Name:  P2160180 Rem 540-XR 2019 Edit.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  1,018.4 KB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Long ago, in a Galaxy far, far away ... I competed on a rifle team in high school. When I received my FFl, one of the first items I purchased "for inventory" was a Remington 540-XR. Still have it, but never used it in competition. On a very calm day, it has shot overlapping holes at 100 yards.

Old photo taken for visual inventory.

Name:  P2160180 Rem 540-XR 2019 Edit.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  1,018.4 KB
    I built my Kidd Custom 22 LR but I am thinking of upgrading the optic to something with more magnification and with exposed turrets. The one I have now is ok but it does not have exposed turrets.

I can hit the 200 yard plate in my yard fairly consistently but that is only with Kentucky Windage and rough hold overs.

I am seriously considering upgrading my optic and buying more plates to hang up in random places. I only have 3 plates hanging up now.

Federal also stopped making my favorite .22LR ammo as well so I need to test alternatives to find a replacement. With that UltraMatch stuff they used to make I was shooting .25 MOA groups.

All that said stretching the legs and figuring up dope (and reading wind) albeit on a much smaller scale would be awesome. If I am shooting .22LR I could get out to 250+ yards without ever leaving the house.

Downloads
    Uploads
    U bring this up, after I just discovered a private range/club down the road has rim fire competitions every other week, with lots of assorted steel sizes out to 200, u give to shoot like 5 from standing, 5 on the ground etc..

I’m gonna have to hit it up and drag the kid with me..Sounds like fun