Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Colt Python 2020

https://www.colt.com/series/python_series

The Python is back!

Building on Colt’s Snake Gun legacy, the legendary double-action revolver returns in stainless steel in 4.25” and 6” barrel lengths. The 2020 Python features modern stainless steel alloys and a re-designed rear sight. Thirty percent more steel beneath the rear adjustable target sight gives you a stronger revolver and more robust shooting experience. A recessed target crown, user-interchangeable front sight, and Walnut grip with the iconic Colt medallion make this a gun you’ll want to shoot AND show off. The Python is chambered in .357 Magnum and also accommodates .38 Special cartridges.

Name:  colt3.jpg
Views: 710
Size:  76.5 KB
    Name:  colt.jpg
Views: 745
Size:  204.0 KB
    Name:  colt2.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  128.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if it's action is a smooth as a "vintage" model. If so, I want one!
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    I wonder if it's action is a smooth as a "vintage" model. If so, I want one!
    Who knows, but I'm going to get a 4.25 to put away for the kid, and a 6" to shoot for myself. Can't wait!

I know they won't be hand fitted, but if Colt wants to turn it around, these better be worth $1500... hoping closer to a $1200 street price after the initial rush!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Who knows, but I'm going to get a 4.25 to put away for the kid, and a 6" to shoot for myself. Can't wait!

I know they won't be hand fitted, but if Colt wants to turn it around, these better be worth $1500... hoping closer to a $1200 street price after the initial rush!
    Hah, as soon as I saw the title of this post I thought "UW gonna get one ... or two ..." LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post

I want to wait until after the rush, and hear the pluses and negatives. If they're not, comparable (to the old models) the search goes on for an "orgional".
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm going to let UW be my test dummy, that way if they suck, he's out $1500 or I guess 3K including his son's. I'll just keep waiting for the Unicorns to find myself a mint 70's model.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger

Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I’ve read and seen, this is going to be better than the original - a far as the practical matters go. Better engineering (strengthening the frame, re-engineered trigger), better metal, and tighter manufacturing tolerances than previous gens.

That said, you likely will not see the the beautiful blueing or chrome finishes that the older versions had. And the trigger won’t feel the same - this new version has 14 less parts. It may still be great, but not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got no illusions that this Python is as good as the original. Are re-releases ever as good?

Anyhow, I take this as a good thing. Colt is starting to listen to their customers. Probably not a $1500 revolver, but they know they'll sell everyone they make for awhile at least, and when your company is on the brink, you gotta squeeze as much juice as possible.

I plan to shoot mine with no expectations and see if it stands on its own merits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's easy to shit on "new" stuff as being inferior, but I wonder how even just the normal advances in metallurgy and manufacturing during the last 30 years have changed things for the better ... I'm interested to see your review UW.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My 78 year old Father called me to tell me this. Lol Definitely will own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I grew up shooting one of these and an anaconda. My old man still has them..

I’d like to have one of these also,given my back history with them,but the price will be too much..given the name alone.. there not much more , if any over a mint 686,586.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A friend's dad had quite a collection including a Python, and a presentation grade Anaconda in a case. He made sure I was included in an upbringing respectful of firearms and our Second Amendment rights. RIP Bob McClary.

And yes, they were an experience to shoot.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I purchased mine in 1975, a 6" Royal Blue. Not going to turn it loose. Would love to have a 4.25" to go with it.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pre order $1499 for either model.. they have the 6” also..just search python

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst...25-inch-barrel

Downloads
    Uploads
    Already saw that Colt is doing a quiet recall. Buyers beware.