Downloads
    Uploads

Scope Recommendations

Recently I started a thread about a long range rimfire competition (see link below)

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...ion&highlight=

Instead of hauling out and buying a whole new rifle I think the one that I have now will work just fine. Of course I reserve the right to buy more guns later as my tastes evolve

That said the only weak point in my current set up is the optic. I am running a Vortex Crossfire II 'rimfire' scope that I picked up for cheap. It's a fine scope for the application but it does not have the features I would want for the different stuff I want to do.

Here are some things I would want:

-exposed turrets
    -MOA based

Other than that I am looking for input as to what would be a good focal length and some good options that are reasonably priced. As this will only be for rimfire use I think a more moderately priced optic should be ok but I am open for suggestions.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure what your after, but a lot of rimfire guys say these are a good bang for the buck vortex Diamondback tactical 4-16 and a higher model 6-24 maybe street price around 325-350

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting that MF. Its exactly what I was looking for on a new Kidd squirrel gun Im going to be building...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve got a 4-14 SHV MIL that is like new I’ll let go to a WEVO for $899 shipped. I know it’s more money but it’s solid.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Thanks for posting that MF. Its exactly what I was looking for on a new Kidd squirrel gun Im going to be building...
    Right on!!

Post up some pics of the kidd build when done

Downloads
    Uploads
    Parallax adjustment is usually something you want a rimfire scope since most people shoot rimfire at ranges under 100 yards and most scopes with fix parallax are fixed at 100 yards / meters. Now, if you wanted a dedicate "long range" rimfire then maybe this doesn't matter.

To that end, I did just put a Bushnell Nitro on my Kidd 10/22. Midway has a lot of the Bushnell scopes at a steep discount right now so it made for a compelling deal as side focus scopes at the low end of the price range are pretty limited. Glass quality for the Nitro is probably somewhere in between Diamondback and Viper (I don't have a lot of time behind it yet). I think the Forge line is Viper or better quality but haven't looked through one personally.

When I'm rolling in dough, I'd like to put an MOA SHV on my Kidd.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Right on!!

Post up some pics of the kidd build when done
    I will!

@ Fledge: Whats the OLD on your scope?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks like the DT/Vortex scopes come in a 4x12x40 as well. https://vortexoptics.com/catalogsear...CTICAL+4-12X40

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will!

@ Fledge: Whats the OLD on your scope?
    OLD?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, objective lens diameter...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, objective lens diameter...
    Here’s all the data on my SHV. C557.

https://www.nightforceoptics.com/rif...shv-4-14x50-f1

Downloads
    Uploads
    Steal for a decent side focus optic.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020052981?pid=532931