Thread: .308 Cerakote

Downloads
    Uploads

.308 Cerakote

Pleasantly surprised how much I like this tiger stripe. I took a chance and had the guy slant forward instead of the vertical example in the shop. When I get it reassembled next week I’ll post a pic here.

“ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking good! Who did the Cerakote, local shop? Who makes that rail?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rail is an SLR ION Ultralite. Josh at Atomic Tactical in Savage did the Cerakote. He did a solid Magpul green for me before. Does nice work. Picking this one up Monday afternoon.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks nice, I thought at first that was a Monthly builders kit that Aero offers. I hear Atomic does excellent work.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice

What’s the details of the rest of the build, barrel?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Nice

What’s the details of the rest of the build, barrel?
    Okay, off the top of my head. Aero Freedom upper, lower and parts kit. Magpul stock and Mod 3 grip. Faxon 18” pencil barrel/rifle gas, SLR Sentry 7 adj gas block, Lantac black nitride enhanced BCG, Vltor AR10 extension w/ extra power spring and TBD buffer weight. Geissele SD-E trigger, Griffin taper mount flash comp (new style) for Recce 7 can. Knights Micro BUIS if they work with scope, otherwise some type of offsets.

Optic is dependent on whether this or my 16” MI .308 is more accurate. Winner gets the 4.5-18 Bushnell LRTS (thanks Steve). For the other I’m torn between a 3.5x TA110 Acog, fixed 5x Steiner or 1-4 Accupower. Did I forget anything? Long term dream is to sell a couple ARs and get an LMT MWS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely get yourself a MWS.

Name:  IMG_7028.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  317.5 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^Lol we all would if we could...thread hijacker...lol...

That’s quite the list UFF.. should be a good rifle.. that barrel will make it not so heavy..

Downloads
    Uploads
    It only weighs 2-3 oz more than the 16” MI. Plus whatever the cerakote added.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice.

My 308 build wasnt totally planned out, and weight added quick. IM like 12 lbs unloaded...

As why I’ve chosen to rebuild a parts bin pile of once something slowly into a hunting/banging steel rig. Not 556.

Is that the “ gunner” Faxon barel.? Always been intrigued by them
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 19 January 2020 at 23:02.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No, the Big Gunner is a little thicker behind the gas port and weighs about 3 oz. more. Mine is this one:
    https://faxonfirearms.com/faxon-18-p...-win-nitrided/

Toatal weight w/o scope is about 8lb 8oz.

The main reason I chose this barrel is that I wanted a light rifle gas to compare witb my 16” mid-gas. Recoil on that one is still a pussycat compared to my service M14A1. Full auto on that sucker was a real cloud seeder.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 20 January 2020 at 00:03.