Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics Super Precision Optics

https://geissele.com/optics/super-precision-optics.html

The Super Precision 1-6 by Geissele Automatics is a robust 1-6x26mm rifle scope designed specifically with the AR platform in mind. Combining the Geissele DMRR-1 reticle with the scope’s zoom range (true 1x to 6x) allows the user to quickly acquire a target, estimate range and employ accurate fire at short to medium ranges. A 26mm objective lens increases light transmission that lets the extremely high quality lenses render a crystal clear and vivid image that is both sharp and color accurate. This scope has a 30mm Tube size, and is made from Aircraft Grade 6061-T6 aluminum. It is finished in your choice of black or ddc Type-3 Hardcoat Anodize.

The DMRR-1 Reticle is custom to Geissele Automatics and allows the user quick range estimation and the ability to place accurate firepower at the most useful distances for most shooters. By using MILs, our DMRR-1 reticle is not tied down to a single caliber, making our scope appropriate for a wide variety of platforms and uses, there are hlaf mil markings as well to help with further dial in adjustments. The range estimation feature (accurate at 6x) of the DMRR-1 Reticle lets you quickly and effectively range a standard target at a distance of 3, 4 and 5 hundred meters using shoulder width or shoulder to waist ratio. Being a Second Focal Plane, the DMRR-1 reticle will maintain its size through the scope’s zoom levels.

Magnification: 1x-6x
    Reticle: DMMR-1
    Objective Lens: 26mm
    Tube Size: 30mm
    Eye Relief: 90mm
    Focal Plane: Second
    Field of View: 1x - 111.2 feet at 100 yards, 6x - 18.33 feet at 100 yards
    Turrel Style: Low Profile Capped, Resettable for Zero
    Click Value Adjustment: 0.2 MIL
    Travel Per Rotation: 20 MIL
    Elevation/Windage Adjustment: UP/DOWN 60MIL - LEFT/RIGHT 24MIL
    Parallax: 100 yards
    Length: 10.5 inches
    Weight: 24.2 ounces
    Materials: Aircraft Grade A6061-T6 Aluminum
    Battery: CR2032
    Brightness Levels: 6x
    Finish: Type 3 Hardcoat Anodize
    IPX Rating: IP66 (Dust proof and safe from high pressure spray)

Name:  g.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  33.5 KB
    Name:  g2.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  34.4 KB
    Name:  g3.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  35.0 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Should go nice with their coffee...

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is going to be ......

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I don't really see the point of this optic, but I'm curious what's driving the negative comments here. I'm not arguing with them, just curious to hear more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Personally, I don't really see the point of this optic, but I'm curious what's driving the negative comments here. I'm not arguing with them, just curious to hear more.
    Maybe it has something to do with them producing some outstanding garbage in tbe last few years.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with them producing some outstanding garbage in tbe last few years.
    Do tell......

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Do tell......
    Well, that last ciuple of rail variants have been trash and that great 1999 technology of a scope mount that they came out with that all of the fanboys are going crazy over. A non QD scope mount was dumped 20 plus ago.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Well, that last ciuple of rail variants have been trash and that great 1999 technology of a scope mount that they came out with that all of the fanboys are going crazy over. A non QD scope mount was dumped 20 plus ago.
    Sounds like some personal angst.....

I’m curious why you deem the rails trash, especially considering past purchases from PSA and Century Arms. It is comical, however, to read that non QDs scope mounts were dumped 20 years ago. Having said that I’d still be curious to hear your thoughts on why a QD scope mount is the end all be all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I think a 1-6 at 24.5oz for 1k will not go well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    It’s 2015 tech showing up in a Superman cape. This should have never left the R&D dept at that weight. But hey, you get a throw lever built in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Geissele Automatics Super Precision Optics

Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    It’s 2015 tech showing up in a Superman cape. This should have never left the R&D dept at that weight. But hey, you get a throw lever built in.
    So it’s 3 oz heavier than a lightest E model Razor and yet if one adds a throw lever to the razor (Vortex throw lever is over 6 oz) it becomes 3 oz lighter. I never understand the weight complaints especially from those that generally don’t really hump that thing around all day or much at all.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The weight is reason number one why I'm not interested. But the amount of noise against Geissele (no matter how valid) lately drowns out the valid complaints.

That said, this scope makes no sense to me.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wait for a 30% sale and get it at 700-ish.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Wait for a 30% sale and get it at 700-ish.
    Still too high IMHO. LE/MIL you could get a Razor 1-6 for $799 at times... I think Geissele should have started at 700. With everyone going to 1-8, and now 1-10, I don't know what market Geissele is trying to cut into for 1k.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still too high IMHO. LE/MIL you could get a Razor 1-6 for $799 at times... I think Geissele should have started at 700. With everyone going to 1-8, and now 1-10, I don't know what market Geissele is trying to cut into for 1k.
    This is 100% fact.