Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
When they got rhe GOV contract a few yesrs ago the started to crank out their rails and their QA/QC went to Sh!t. Even before that i have had issues with their rails coming loose and my lasers were all over the place.

As for a QD scope mount.... it is simply a a utilitarian point. A QD scope mount that will hold zero is a must for any rifle that is taken into combat. If the scope fails or is damaged to the point that it cannot be used at all will render a weapon usless unless you can have BUIS. This was figured out back at the beginning of GWOT. Also, as offset sights are not in the MIL inventory this is a huge issue. When i had a Short Dot on my weapon i liked to also be able to switch it out to a EOTECH depending on the mission.

Now if we are only talking about hobby grade stuff then it really doesn't matter.
Interesting data on the rails, as that specifically is the reason why I use them.....no flex for my lasers and they’ve been solid for me.......maybe I’ve got old stock. I will check my upper when it arrives.

As far as the scope mount, I guess we were at a different GWOT......and even to this day QD scope mounts are not the norm.