Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    When they got rhe GOV contract a few yesrs ago the started to crank out their rails and their QA/QC went to Sh!t. Even before that i have had issues with their rails coming loose and my lasers were all over the place.

As for a QD scope mount.... it is simply a a utilitarian point. A QD scope mount that will hold zero is a must for any rifle that is taken into combat. If the scope fails or is damaged to the point that it cannot be used at all will render a weapon usless unless you can have BUIS. This was figured out back at the beginning of GWOT. Also, as offset sights are not in the MIL inventory this is a huge issue. When i had a Short Dot on my weapon i liked to also be able to switch it out to a EOTECH depending on the mission.

Now if we are only talking about hobby grade stuff then it really doesn't matter.
    Interesting data on the rails, as that specifically is the reason why I use them.....no flex for my lasers and they’ve been solid for me.......maybe I’ve got old stock. I will check my upper when it arrives.

As far as the scope mount, I guess we were at a different GWOT......and even to this day QD scope mounts are not the norm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Guess we will have to see what happens when it gets in the wild.

Honestly, I think the masses in the industry are so fucking stupid they'd probably buy it and love it, especially at that price point.

I want to see a comparison between this and the HD2 razor.
    I have to agree with you 100%.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    Interesting data on the rails, as that specifically is the reason why I use them.....no flex for my lasers and they’ve been solid for me.......maybe I’ve got old stock. I will check my upper when it arrives.

As far as the scope mount, I guess we were at a different GWOT......and even to this day QD scope mounts are not the norm.

What GWOT, i deployed to all 5 OEFs and OIF..... so i have no idea where you were.

It all really depents on what units, and type, you were deployed with. I know all kf the teams i deployed on everyone had a QD scope mount, if that were using a scope.

As for Geissele, i don't like their stuff. They made a product for JSOC, that was a huge improvement from what we were given. Then the company tried to use the exact same design for the AR platform and that caused problems. It is never a good itea to retrofit an item for a differnst platform. That indexing tab on the 416 licked the G rails on. That isn't there on the AR platform. The little index screws on the side were not a very good solution.

But i really don't care if people use them. And most people wwill never have an issue with them as they will take kore shots on IG then the range.
    Last edited by docsherm; 26 January 2020 at 17:53.
    "I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    Wait for a 30% sale and get it at 700-ish.
    Still too high IMHO. LE/MIL you could get a Razor 1-6 for $799 at times... I think Geissele should have started at 700. With everyone going to 1-8, and now 1-10, I don't know what market Geissele is trying to cut into for 1k.

Downloads
    Uploads
    GWOT?
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    GWOT?
    Global War on Terror?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Geissele wants our tenspots?

:D

I thought it was a remarked Razor/venture.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Still too high IMHO. LE/MIL you could get a Razor 1-6 for $799 at times... I think Geissele should have started at 700. With everyone going to 1-8, and now 1-10, I don't know what market Geissele is trying to cut into for 1k.
    This is 100% fact.