Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s pretty sweet when I shot with it. Supposedly fully submergible up to 1 meter.
    FFL 07/ NFA 02
    TWN Certified Hydro Dipper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aaron Cowan did a decent review as well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Unboxing video, with no real use of it other than a few rounds during a game shoot.

Holosun fell into the trap of not sending it out to people who will provide a legit review. Maybe because it won't hold up? Maybe because they were stingy?

Guess only time will tell.

Even though I dislike it, the proprietary footprint is a good business move.

However, the fact that everything is being pushed back to the MOS platform, especially if you want choices, is fucking annoying as hell.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Unboxing video, with no real use of it other than a few rounds during a game shoot.

Holosun fell into the trap of not sending it out to people who will provide a legit review. Maybe because it won't hold up? Maybe because they were stingy?

However, the fact that everything is being pushed back to the MOS platform, especially if you want choices, is fucking annoying as hell.
    Seems like a decent review......are you just upset they didn’t send you one?

https://youtu.be/ZSh3Ui44osU

Downloads
    Uploads

Dude Stop, Dave Timm is a legit shooter. Holosun gave him a T&E model for a limited time as they were in demand and only had so many optics at the time to go around. They're planning on letting have one for an extended period. He plans to do an extended review when that happens. Nothing wrong with an initial impression, overview video.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  8xvf9.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  14.4 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, I wonder if this might work well on an MP5K. I'd like a red dot, but want something that runs close to the rail and I like how this had the circle dot option.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Dude Stop, Dave Timm is a legit shooter. Holosun gave him a T&E model for a limited time as they were in demand and only had so many optics at the time to go around. They're planning on letting have one for an extended period. He plans to do an extended review when that happens. Nothing wrong with an initial impression, overview video.
    Stop...telling the truth?

Being a good shooter =\= understanding how a firearm is employed in the real world / EDC carry situations.

Three weeks of carrying the ACRO I've already found TWO serious flaws which aimpoint either disregarded or was never told about because they didn't have people worth while t&e'ing the units. That's not my fault, that's their fault, and the same thing goes for everyone else.

Unboxing videos have been a long time weakness in the youtube-type reviewer channels. They need to extend their videos as long as possible because they get paid on the NUMBER of minutes/hours watched NOT the content. So a 9 minute video where there's 5 minutes of complete fluff is only good for the person making the money and a complete waste for the rest of us. What does anyone of us care what kind of box and what kind of accessories come with a piece that it'll literally sit on top of a gun?

Then again, kids love to watch toy unboxing videos, so maybe that plays a role here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the point of contention is that just because you don't know if units were sent out by Holosun doesn't mean no units were sent out. Maybe they weren't, and that's unfortunate. But given the feedback I've heard on the 507s, Holosun has been leaving a lot of professionals (not Youtubers) with positive feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by voodooman
    Three weeks of carrying the ACRO I've already found TWO serious flaws which aimpoint either disregarded or was never told about because they didn't have people worth while t&e'ing the units.
    Care to share? I'm having mixed reactions on it after my first range trip today, doing nothing more than enjoying shooting (and not enjoying zeroing).
    Last edited by gatordev; 28 January 2020 at 11:53.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I think the point of contention is that just because you don't know if units were sent out by Holosun doesn't mean no units were sent out. Maybe they weren't, and that's unfortunate. But given the feedback I've heard on the 507s, Holosun has been leaving a lot of professionals (not Youtubers) with positive feelings.

Care to share? I'm having mixed reactions on it after my first range trip today, doing nothing more than enjoying shooting (and not enjoying zeroing).
    I highly doubt anyone got prototype units to t&e with the purpose of changing the designs before production was started of standard models. Most companies don't do this to their detriment.

If you can show me the professionals you are referring to who were not given free units to keep on the basis they provide positive reviews I'll gladly listen to them. We all know that's essentially not the case for the vast majority of "reviewers" or personalities.

Two biggest issues for the ACRO, dot is way too big (needs to be 1 or 2 moa at most) and the control buttons are not able to locked in place, so that means the unit can be turned off, brightness increased or decreased accidentally just by carrying it. Both things that would have been near-immediately observable if they provided units to people who can give such insight and don't just want free shit to propagate their popularity.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Stop...telling the truth?

Being a good shooter =\= understanding how a firearm is employed in the real world / EDC carry situations.

Three weeks of carrying the ACRO I've already found TWO serious flaws which aimpoint either disregarded or was never told about because they didn't have people worth while t&e'ing the units. That's not my fault, that's their fault, and the same thing goes for everyone else.

Unboxing videos have been a long time weakness in the youtube-type reviewer channels. They need to extend their videos as long as possible because they get paid on the NUMBER of minutes/hours watched NOT the content. So a 9 minute video where there's 5 minutes of complete fluff is only good for the person making the money and a complete waste for the rest of us. What does anyone of us care what kind of box and what kind of accessories come with a piece that it'll literally sit on top of a gun?

Then again, kids love to watch toy unboxing videos, so maybe that plays a role here.
    Hi there,
    I don't think we've met in person, if so I apologize. The video wasn't meant to be a review, and in fact never said it was, it was literally a First Look video. While I don't like the term unboxing, it is really my version of that except I like to provide a little more information than what you find online like testing with holsters, showing detail shots etc. as well as a range trip. Yes this was a short turn around video as my time with it was limited. I am hoping to get one for a while where I can do a more proper review and I'm lucky to live in an area where I can provide some pretty harsh testing.

I agree that just because someone is a shooter it does not equal understanding how a firearm is deployed in the real world. I do feel pretty confident in my knowledge and background of knowing how a gun is used in reality though. I've been a street cop since 2002 and have been carrying a dot on a handgun for a few years, again in an environment (Minnesota) that is pretty hard on gear. I can tell you stories about this and that but I don't have a beard so I realize my creditability is likely already shot.

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on the Acro as I don't have one yet. I try to look at things with a realistic approach and user focus. I try to spend a good amount of time at the range whether it be for work, training or for content and I try to compete a little here and there as well as it offers growing opportunities and fun. Last, I am always open to criticism and I know I can always be better. If you truly think I'd adding fluff, I'm not. Yeah at times I do loop back, usually because of on take that overlapped another. I don't add fluff for the sake of time and in fact I'm really trying to make shorter videos. I try to get the info out that I would want to know about the product, see it up close with quality detail shots versus the crappy look at my hands un-boxing videos, and have good audio as well. I don't get paid by the minute watched, in fact most of our videos don't even have the ads turned on so we don't get paid at all.

Best regards,
    -Dave

Downloads
    Uploads
    I highly doubt anyone got prototype units to t&e with the purpose of changing the designs before production was started of standard models. Most companies don't do this to their detriment.
    Could be. Can't answer to that.

If you can show me the professionals you are referring to who were not given free units to keep on the basis they provide positive reviews I'll gladly listen to them. We all know that's essentially not the case for the vast majority of "reviewers" or personalities.
    Can't answer that. And if you read my previous post, I made no such claims. However. there are numerous people (including actual people I know who are in your apparent line of work) that are VERY impressed with the 507 in real-world applications. The hope is that the 509 is of equal prestige.

Two biggest issues for the ACRO, dot is way too big (needs to be 1 or 2 moa at most) and the control buttons are not able to locked in place, so that means the unit can be turned off, brightness increased or decreased accidentally just by carrying it. Both things that would have been near-immediately observable if they provided units to people who can give such insight and don't just want free shit to propagate their popularity.
    Thanks. I appreciate the response. Dot size seems to be a thing for you, and that is what it is (not a dig, I get you prefer what you prefer). As for the buttons....I think I might have inadvertently turned off my dot today. I wasn't sure, and couldn't find the dot, but then hit a button and it was back, but it was brighter, so wasn't sure if what happened is what I thought happened. That's something I'll keep my eye on it after hearing your experience.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shawn Ryan is a God.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Timm View Post
    Hi there,
    I don't think we've met in person, if so I apologize. The video wasn't meant to be a review, and in fact never said it was, it was literally a First Look video. While I don't like the term unboxing, it is really my version of that except I like to provide a little more information than what you find online like testing with holsters, showing detail shots etc. as well as a range trip. Yes this was a short turn around video as my time with it was limited. I am hoping to get one for a while where I can do a more proper review and I'm lucky to live in an area where I can provide some pretty harsh testing.

I agree that just because someone is a shooter it does not equal understanding how a firearm is deployed in the real world. I do feel pretty confident in my knowledge and background of knowing how a gun is used in reality though. I've been a street cop since 2002 and have been carrying a dot on a handgun for a few years, again in an environment (Minnesota) that is pretty hard on gear. I can tell you stories about this and that but I don't have a beard so I realize my creditability is likely already shot.

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on the Acro as I don't have one yet. I try to look at things with a realistic approach and user focus. I try to spend a good amount of time at the range whether it be for work, training or for content and I try to compete a little here and there as well as it offers growing opportunities and fun. Last, I am always open to criticism and I know I can always be better. If you truly think I'd adding fluff, I'm not. Yeah at times I do loop back, usually because of on take that overlapped another. I don't add fluff for the sake of time and in fact I'm really trying to make shorter videos. I try to get the info out that I would want to know about the product, see it up close with quality detail shots versus the crappy look at my hands un-boxing videos, and have good audio as well. I don't get paid by the minute watched, in fact most of our videos don't even have the ads turned on so we don't get paid at all.

Best regards,
    -Dave
    While you should feel absolutely zero need to post whenever anyone is critical of any of your content (god knows I don't), I'll point some things out here since you decided to.

If you had a negative view of this particular optic, would you have posted a video explaining it? Especially knowing full well you would likely never get another optic from holosun (or anyone else)?

Your video is 10minutes long, it could have been about 2 minutes if you cut out all the fluff, YT pays for minutes viewed and that's how you gain in popularity - that's their only metric.

I'm glad your department allows you post videos and other things without IA being down your throat, my PD isn't that kind. If you're doing it to make money, which you undoubtedly should be, don't hide it or try to explain why you may not be, there's no shame in it. Make your money, but don't expect those of us who know better to freely accept anything anyone is putting out there when it's clearly leaning one way in order to gain traction in the guntertainment side of the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    Could be. Can't answer to that.

Can't answer that. And if you read my previous post, I made no such claims. However. there are numerous people (including actual people I know who are in your apparent line of work) that are VERY impressed with the 507 in real-world applications. The hope is that the 509 is of equal prestige.

Thanks. I appreciate the response. Dot size seems to be a thing for you, and that is what it is (not a dig, I get you prefer what you prefer). As for the buttons....I think I might have inadvertently turned off my dot today. I wasn't sure, and couldn't find the dot, but then hit a button and it was back, but it was brighter, so I wasn't sure if what happened is what I thought happened. That's something I'll keep my eye on it after hearing your experience.
    I don't care what "numerous people," think or what they are impressed with. This industry is full of people with confirmation bias and those who blindly go along to get along. Things I've continuously proven incorrect in various real-world applications, dots are just another one in the mix. Just because I am not particularly nice about it doesn't mean what I am saying is incorrect. As I've always said, if there is something people disagree with me on, please come out and meet me on the range, meet me for a ride-along, and I'll show you how it works in the real world. While no one has yet taken my offer for a ride-along, there have quite a few people who have had their opinions changed upon showing and explaining certain concepts face to face.

Those who understand how and why dots are supposed to be used in the real world immediately accept the fact that the smallest possible, clearest, and most crisp dot, is the only way to go. There is no in-between. Most instructors who claim to be dot instructors or whatever, don't understand how the real world works and they teach a gaming application to reality - which is a logical fallacy.