Downloads
    Uploads

Firearms Goals 2020

So what are yours?

I'm kind of maxed out with the firearms. Scratched basically my bucket list clean in anticipation for my state's ever so tightening of unconstitutional gun laws. Expecting a magazine ban this year, so I'll probably just shift some buying over to magazines, but even there I'm pretty set. Having said that for 2020, here's my short list:

B&T TP9 Suppressor
    B&T APC223
    Finishing up a R700 SBR around a 12" Rainier UltraMatch barrel
    Sig M18
    Glock 44

I'll also throw an AK on the list finally.... as a maybe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On my radar is the new Sig 3D printed titanium suppressors in 9mm and 5.56. They claim a *reduction* in backpressure vs unsupressed. To me that's a BIG DEAL. Not to mention they will be the lightest suppressors available. Supposedly shipping in mid to late 2020 ... we shall see ...

Maybe some training this year, if I can find the time.

I'll probably pick up some body armor too. That's something I've been putting off forever ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

I need optics/mount for my 308
    Along with trigger, light mount and a few other pieces to get my pistol junk back together.
    More ammo
    More mags for everything
    Get setup to reload again
    AR9- pcc
    Something cool that gets me going again..kinda lost and bored with std shit
    Want a 762 and 22 can..
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 10 February 2020 at 00:51.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Need a squirrel gun and an optic for an 18.5" build I did a while back. I already have the stock for the 10/22 so Im thinking a Kidd supergrade 16" setup. Also pretty sold on the Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42mm for the 18.5" Noveske build. The reviews are off the charts for it. If its not enough glass for the Noveske I will put it on the 10/22. I figure it will work great for at least one of those rifles. At this point I am just doing minor changes to my existing firearms to make them better shooters as my skill level increases. Just recently went with a quick release PC with new plates that are multicurve and are a little lighter than the setup I had. Going to focus mostly on training this year. Re setup my carbine course last fall and am dying to run it, the snow is waist deep right now and I am getting cabin fever...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I really don't have any firearms on my want list for 2020. I will be investing in reloading components so I can shoot the ones I have. Almost out of LP primers, but have lots of powder. Need SP primers as well. Saved my once fired 300BO brass, and may invest in some Dillon dies to start on them.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    2020 firearm goals... I've e-filed F1 for my 300BO SBR so that's one off the list. I still have 2 other Aero M4E1 lowers to build as well as an Anderson lower that will most likely be built out as an inexpensive pistol.
    I wouldn't mind maybe doing 308 or AR9 SBR's as well. A Griffin Recce 7 is on my list for this year.

Ric

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am nowhere near saturated on firearms. My limitations are financial more than anything.

Things on my short list are suppressors for sure. I also want to get a good progressive press and hoard primers and other reloading components.

As far as actual guns go I still have several bolt guns that I want. I want several more pistols. I want to build a. 22 with the Volquartsen toggle action and a Gemtech Mist.

I just have to prioritize because the bulk of my cash is tied up in investments.

I could easily blow $50,000 bucks in short order but I think this year suppressors are first because of the wait and other BS. After that maybe a cool bolt gun of some sort.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe a can. I'm not finding much that gets my heart rate up. The whole industry is kinda meh.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since my main problem is safe space, I need to decide if I can bear to part with 4-5 ARs to make way for 2-3 new builds and finance an LMT MWS or just indulge a perk of being divorced and get another safe. A .30 Griffin Explorr should fulfill my silencer needs. Yeah, right. The last thing I need is another optic so experience says I’ll be getting at least one more this year. It makes no sense to have cases of ammo and only one gun to shoot it so another AK47 is on the horizon.

Since my Cerakote guy will trade for optics I will have more color on the irons in 2020. Please do not ask him to swap for coatings. He does for me as a friend and I give him much better deals than you would. Aside: I sold him my old Land Cruiser and regret it every time I visit the shop.

My number one 2020 goal is to resist the full-auto, “relatively” affordable FAL a local guy is tempting me with.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Continue my endless pursuit of building the perfect GP/Recce/whatever-you-want-to-call-it do all AR.

Caveat; non-NFA. (Maybe, MAYBE, a suppressor. I can never seem to fully commit)

Might get overshadowed by adding large patio edition to the house. Or possibly by needing a new car if I can get out of flying and suddenly need one to accommodate a normal human work schedule and commute.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want a KAC SR25 upper. Well the pieces, just the barrel, gas system, BCG and rail to go on a Mega Maten. Cant justify neutering a KAC or LMT lower to be "NY safe". I hate this state.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    I want a KAC SR25 upper. Well the pieces, just the barrel, gas system, BCG and rail to go on a Mega Maten. Cant justify neutering a KAC or LMT lower to be "NY safe". I hate this state.
    Always room for you here in Texas, man.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still want to :

Tax stamp a couple of lowers,
    get a .300BLK/9mm suppressor,
    grab a Dan Wesson Vigil in 9mm and
    top off a few slots in the ammo closet.

Just need to get off my hind end and do the paperwork......

Downloads
    Uploads
    I want a Marlin Dark .30-30 with an LPVO.

I would hunt short lanes and heavy brush like mad with it (after rattle canning it)

I also want to build/buy a 224 Valkyrie bolt gun. The Mossberg MVP-LR looks interesting as a “budget” option. The 22” barrel would have my standard load just shy of 3000fps

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Always room for you here in Texas, man.
    Have to get the boss on board and that isnt happening. Would love to move