Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Let’s talk about MRO’s

Ok, kinda need some input. On this adventure I decided to liquidate the Vortex red dot and take advantage of a recent sale and picked up a MRO. Well first one I’ve played with, only other quality red dot I had, was a Aimpoint Pro years ago.

Ok, so I see a tail off it at 4 and 10 o clock. Given it’s dark and rainy today, but the dot looks better when looking against a light backdrop.

This is on setting 3, any higher and it looks like a star. Lower at setting 2 and it’s barely visible.

Had the woman and youngest teenager look thru it, they say the same, tails at about the same as I see.

So..how much is acceptable I guess? In my eyes I would hope perfect. Should I contact Trijicon?

Also, just plying round in the House, t about 15 feet, I can’t read the big ass clock in digital numbers..blurry but not..humm..maybe I should of stayed the course for a H1....I mean I want to like it, just the somewhat blurry dot bugs me..maybe better on a clear, sunny day?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Take a picture of it with your phone

If it’s a perfect circle, it’s yalls eyes. If the tail shows, it’s the optic. Given that three people see the same thing, it’s likely either there OR you told them in advance and they think they see it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    Take a picture of it with your phone

If it’s a perfect circle, it’s yalls eyes. If the tail shows, it’s the optic. Given that three people see the same thing, it’s likely either there OR you told them in advance and they think they see it.
    This.

I'm guessing it's your eyes. Usually is.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I didn’t tell anyone, asked them to look thru it and told me what they say. Gonna pull it out and check to see what it looks like when I rotate it around.

I save up for a decent optic and I’m not happy. 2 rifles sacrificed stuff for this. I don’t have a complete AR at the moment..About to fire sale shit and buy something complete.The fucking vortex crossfire red dot I let go for this has a clear dot. Just did t like some of its features.

Now I’m curious how a H2 or such looks like, heard many people like the ta44 mini agog for astigmatisms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quick pic, crappy as my iPad sux when airdropping.

I see a better dot when I was outside shortly ago ,somewhat sunny day. On 4, past that and it sux
    The tint is sure prevalent.

Are the h2/T2’s the same or better?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe it's just me, but I think that dot looks fine.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Same

FreakyPony, take a photo on the dimmest camera visible setting where you can see the tail

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol

Just never played with one of these till now. It did look better outside when it wasn’t dark and gloomy out..

I’ll try to get that later

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good to me as well. Dont forget that your not supposed to actually look at the dot. Aim at a target and keep your eyes open and then see how it looks. Its kind of like a rear site, its in the sight picture but your not looking directly at it. You should only be looking at your target.

Also the brightness should be as low as possible. My T2 will star out if its up to high. Also do you have it pushed all the way forward on the upper?

To close to the eye and you may pick up an anomoly...
    Last edited by Stone; 16 February 2020 at 20:46.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I get all that..So you guys that have mro’s And pros and t1/2’s, Eotech, etc..

Out of curiousity..Do you see any of them better/worse then others?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    To the camera...lol...

Same
    FreakyPony, take a photo on the dimmest camera visible setting where you can see the tail
    I can’t get the dot and camera to play together..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Oh I get all that..So you guys that have mro’s And pros and t1/2’s, Eotech, etc..

Out of curiousity..Do you see any of them better/worse then others?
    The problem with that question is that they all display the dot differently. I've only looked through a Gen 1 MRO once, so I can't comment on them, but PROs and T1s have a different lens configuration than the T2, which results in more comma-ing than a T2. The Eotech has a completely different emitter, so it tends to not cause much issue for the average astigmatism, even under magnification.

Previously, with my glasses on, I found the PRO/T1 to be very usable at 1x. At 3x, the T1 would start to fall apart for me. The T2 was fantastic magnified and was always a consistent round dot.

I just got some upgraded eyes, but they're still healing, so I can't give valid data, but I have noticed that even now, while every point light source is blurry, the T2 is better than the other Aimpoints and the Eotech is better than the T2 and nearly unnoticeable from before.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dot looks good to me.

I have a pretty bad astigmatism. Most dots look more like a bug hit a windshield to me.
    Strangely, my buddy has a Vortex strikefire and the dot looks perfect to me. I was amazed when I looked through it. That was the first time I had ever seen a clean, circular dot. It was amazing. haha.

I've looked through an MRO with a green dot that was almost perfect too. Not sure why.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the Vortex had a green dot too (just confirmed with friend). I wonder if there is something there, being green. Hmm!
    Last edited by Pyzik; 18 February 2020 at 11:00.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    @pyzik

I’ve read on other forums/articles that green reticles are much cleaner to astigmatism sufferers than red colored dots. I’m sure there’s a rod/cone/optometry answer out there but that’s as much as I got for you

Downloads
    Uploads
    @pyzik

I’ve read on other forums/articles that green reticles are much cleaner to astigmatism sufferers than red colored dots. I’m sure there’s a rod/cone/optometry answer out there but that’s as much as I got for you
    Hmm. Not I may begin considering swapping what I can for green dots.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Aliance Shoot House, When Things Go Bad, YSINTG, Carbine 1, DART Medical, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram
    Use DAMAGE15 to save 15% at Third Pin Threads
    Save 10% "JOINORDIE" http://cmttac.com/