Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I’m just pointing out you said ARs arent the best platform because they need tuning, and then said you tuned the rifle that is a better substitute. Kind of made me chuckle

My test photo up there WAS gassy and that was the point of doing it. There was zero gas mitigation in place. But it was literally all out of the ejection port. No watery eyes etc, to counter your statement of: “Everyone can attest to the fact suppressing 5.56 in an AR is not only loud, but lots of gas in the face”. Granted my experiment is a sample size of one, but not all ARs are the same, which is the point: none of my other ARs are like the one in the picture.

Saying a SCAR is a better suppressor host than an AR is like saying a Corvette is better than all other cars with two doors. One very specific example to a very very broad and heterogenous category.
    Weird analogy. But... I guess I should have clarified. The SCAR doesn't need to be tuned to be a better host than an AR. What I was trying to say is that much like a lot of people, I got it tuned so I could squeeze every last bit of performance out of it.
    To me the AR is a poor host, and yeah you can put adjustable gas blocks, gas vents, adjustable carriers, gimmicky charging handles and it will mitigate a little gas, but still won't be a better host than an off the shelf unmodified SCAR. After the average Joe builds himself an AR and throws all the gimmick gas mitigation parts in there, he might has well have spent the money for a SCAR.
    The SCAR off the shelf is better than the best tuned AR out there.

Your photo of the gas cloud on a well respected name in the AR business kind of illustrates my point. The death cloud just didn't happen to be in the area of your face.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER 237 View Post
    I just bought a 10” scar barrel so once my form 1 is back I’ll throw it on. Do you know what size gas jet they used on your barrel?
    2mm. PMM also included a 1.8mm

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Weird analogy. But... I guess I should have clarified. The SCAR doesn't need to be tuned to be a better host than an AR. What I was trying to say is that much like a lot of people, I got it tuned so I could squeeze every last bit of performance out of it.
    To me the AR is a poor host, and yeah you can put adjustable gas blocks, gas vents, adjustable carriers, gimmicky charging handles and it will mitigate a little gas, but still won't be a better host than an off the shelf unmodified SCAR. After the average Joe builds himself an AR and throws all the gimmick gas mitigation parts in there, he might has well have spent the money for a SCAR.
    The SCAR off the shelf is better than the best tuned AR out there.

Your photo of the gas cloud on a well respected name in the AR business kind of illustrates my point. The death cloud just didn't happen to be in the area of your face.
    I will day the Superlative Bleed off gas blocks are the only aftermarket part I feel I’d need on most properly sized gas port ARs. It makes the DI gun vent similarly to a piston system. On my Ultramatch builds (Valkyrie and 223 Wylde), if it weren’t for the sound reduction, you wouldn’t know you were shooting with a can

Next up

9mm vs 45
    Glock vs Smith

Downloads
    Uploads
    Anyone know of any good dealers in western wa , with a decent stock? SS is oos on a lot of cans

Looking at/for

Turbo T2
    Resonator r2 or resonator k

Also the rugged razor looks decent...anyone shooting one on here?
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 12 March 2020 at 03:19.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck man. I haven't seen a YHM can locally in forever. I think YHM missed the boat. They were one of the first "big names" in the suppressor game back in the day and their marketing never really took off. I remember looking at YHM in 2011 when I bought my first can. Basically back then, it was SF, YHM, AAC, and just a couple of other outfits.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ya , it’s proving hard to find any of the cans I’m looking at. Called no less then 10 shops locally, not one of them had any of the 4 I’m looking at.

Plus SS is out of stock on a lot. And there post over on ar15dotcom says the supply is drying up and could be on a permanent back order status, as they say so far 2020 has been the most sales for them ever.. then being an election year on top of it..

I’m open to other suggestions..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dead Air Sandman K if you can swing it.

If you don't have to have a 30 cal can, I just picked up another AAC Mini4 for $500

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ill check out the sandman k

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s a short can

Was thinking hard about the rugged razor..there was 8 in stock at SS 8 hours ago..now out of stock

Phuckkk....I guess this is the wrong time to get into a can..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Or you could get a 30 cal Griffin can and snag that free extra muzzle device they're offering.

Lots of guys here own Griffin cans and swear by them. I'm sure you can find some great recommendations.

Name:  Grif.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  58.7 KB

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if that is only thru griffin? It doesn’t say anything on SS

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    You can get the promo especially through SS.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s a short can

Was thinking hard about the rugged razor..there was 8 in stock at SS 8 hours ago..now out of stock

Phuckkk....I guess this is the wrong time to get into a can..
    I guess their promotion worked. I think you'd be pretty happy with the GA Recce 7.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Griffin doesn't sell cans directly, so, like Alamo says, you can get the promo through SS. Looks like Rainier has decent inventory of GA in stock, fwiw. I think what I like best about GA is their Taper Mount system and very good selection of muzzle devices for that system. Makes it very easy to use one can on multiple platforms and also deliver good aesthetics and performance through the MD w/o the can.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate the info...I’m getting frustrated if you can’t tell..lol

This would be a lot easier if I could shoot some of these things before I committed..

For you guys with the Reece 5 or 7’s , are they a gassy can? If that makes sense, reading and watching videos you can see some of it, but hard to define it not seeing in person..atleast for me

That Reece 7 is intriguing, but that’s putting me up over a grand..kinda heavy can at that..the R2 without the QD Mount is 14 ounces and 6.9 long..

Ahhhhhh