Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stainless steel if you want a .22lr can. In fact, if you're trying to stay on a budget, a .22lr can isn't a bad place to start.

Aluminum isn't bad either, but usually the price difference is negligible.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you absolutely want a lightweight can, either Ti or Al for the .22 can. If that isn’t your concern, the stainless for durability and ease of cleaning

Although I will say with my aluminum monocore, I coat the core in a thin layer of dielectric grease (large tubes at auto parts stores for cheap) and it acts as an ablative as well as allowing me to wipe most of the build up off easily with a qtip or paper

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not necessarily after a lightweight can, just going back and forth what I really need, which is just a decent to good can for mostly rifle plinking.

On the lower end the stinger looks decent -$275 alum tube/stainless k baffles

Then it’s like just spend it, and the dead air mask and oculus have good looking stats Ti/stainless/modular at $400
    Last edited by mustangfreek; 12 April 2020 at 03:44.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What 22 cans you guys using?

The CGS hydra Al looks like a decent middle of the road option

17-4 stainless end cap and direct thread mount, 7075 hard coat anodized baffles-a shielded K version baffle, to keep it sealed off the aluminum tube, everything is anodized

Any qualms about such a can on the nothing special host I laid out couple -16” .22 lr and one pistol host

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a GA Checkmate and use a 3 lug mount for the kiddos toys.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post

The CGS hydra Al looks like a decent middle of the road option

17-4 stainless end cap and direct thread mount, 7075 hard coat anodized baffles-a shielded K version baffle, to keep it sealed off the aluminum tube, everything is anodized

Any qualms about such a can on the nothing special host I laid out couple -16” .22 lr and one pistol host
    I will say out of a DA Mask, Innovative Arms Apex, AAC Halcyon, Optimus Micro (direct thread config), and a homemade Form 1 .22 can, the Halcyon is by far the loudest.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have an Optimus Micro. It's my only .22 can at present however I will buy another rimfire can soon most likely.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    I will say out of a DA Mask, Innovative Arms Apex, AAC Halcyon, Optimus Micro (direct thread config), and a homemade Form 1 .22 can, the Halcyon is by far the loudest.
    What exactly are you trying to tell me..lol..as none of those are on my radar..

What aluminum monocore can are ya using ? Any qualms about it other then you have to manually clean it..vs a US cleaner

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to go look at that aac halcyon . It is a modular can with only 5 or so baffles... probably why it’s louder..or was you referencing the k baffles?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I have a GA Checkmate and use a 3 lug mount for the kiddos toys.
    Aluminum can with stainless internals...bigger then I want for a 22 only

Downloads
    Uploads
    Aluminum can with stainless internals...bigger then I want for a 22 only
    What do you mean 'bigger than you want'? That particular can is out of production but I don't think its abnormally large. Are you looking for specific size and weight requirements?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Never mind, was late when I looked..

I see it’s out of stock. Not really not the mono core dealio.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What exactly are you trying to tell me..lol..as none of those are on my radar..

What aluminum monocore can are ya using ? Any qualms about it other then you have to manually clean it..vs a US cleaner
    You said “what cans are you guys using”

The number of baffles doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with the sound/performance. I don’t know what about the design makes it louder. It just...Is.

The aluminum can is the Innovative Arms Apex. No problems cleaning it

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    So out of those, is the dead air the king?

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

So out of those, is the dead air the king?
    The Apex and the Mask, to my ear, sound the same in terms of sound but different tone (to be expected...different baffles). The Mask is easier to clean but $100+ more and heavier. Innovative has a SS .22 can called the Slingshot (I wanted a light weight one and the Slingshot wasn’t out at the time).

The Optimus Micro is the quietest but largest so it’s hard to compare it (rated for .22-250/224 Valkyrie/12.5” 5.56 etc)

I’d look at the Rugged Oculus and the CGS group Hydra (2 versions, AL or SS) or Siren (22lr only, carbon fiber tube)

It also depends on your host. If you want something to stay on a rimfire Rifle or to use on a .17hmr or 5.7 or something, that narrows it down a lot. But if you want to use it a lot on a pistol host, I’d look at something tough but a midweight contender (HINT RUGGED OCULUS 4.3oz) My Apex is 3.5oz. The Mask is 6.6oz.

If you could find a Sparrow in stock somewhere, it would be awesome. Older but one of the best