Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.
    I haven't had time over the last week to really pay attention, but I've been wondering how the second-hand market will be affected, especially as people start to go several weeks without a paycheck.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.

I can see myself finally getting into reloading in the future as we face an uncertain future with small arms. The last 5 years or so, I've definitely subscribed to the, if I shoot it, I replace it mantra.
    I've been thinking about it as well but more in the context of basically getting into a routine of buying components like primers or whatever. Put aside say $100 a month and then about every 4 to 6 months make a purchase.

I also have been thinking about getting a progressive press as well. I could churn out a lot of ammo in relatively short term with a setup like that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I also have been thinking about getting a progressive press as well. I could churn out a lot of ammo in relatively short term with a setup like that.
    I have a Dillon 550B that has probably done well over a hundred K. Love it. Even taking my time, it does about 300 per hour. Rated higher than that, but ... I'm old and slow ...
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I haven't had time over the last week to really pay attention, but I've been wondering how the second-hand market will be affected, especially as people start to go several weeks without a paycheck.
    You raise a good point, only so many paychecks you can miss before you have to liquidate some belongings. I imagine guns would be near the bottom of the list to let go, but then again if it's the only valuable you have. I just read somewhere where 60% of Americans do not have 1k in the bank, and obviously even less have 3-6 months of expenses put aside. This looks like a bumpy road ahead.

Hope you guys are all safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I have a Dillon 550B that has probably done well over a hundred K. Love it. Even taking my time, it does about 300 per hour. Rated higher than that, but ... I'm old and slow ...
    I need to research more about the various Dillon presses. GavinToob has a video on it I think but I am not sure. I would kind of like to see or work with them in person before I buy because they are honestly pretty expensive.

A progressive press is definitely on my eventually list. When I come into some more cash I might have a progressive press with all the doodads as part of the first wave of spending. LOL

As for now I load on a redding press so it's not like I am out of ammo or components.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I figure when Cabela’s and others sell out the cheap AR’s will be the time to start listing my more expensive, quality used builds.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Checked in at Costco yesterday around 3pm.

No Crowd, the parking lot was half empty. They're controlling the number of people going in, one person out, they allow one person in type thing. Wall of carts strategically placed to control the flow.

Other than some bulk dry goods like rice, beans, various other things, they had plenty of everything else. Stocked as they normally would. Some paper towels, but no TP.

I thought they'd be a little more run on supplies since our governor is shutting everything down at 1730 hours today. I'm guessing hoarders, profiteers, and the like are out of money now and have made their run the last few weeks. Hopefully we're turning the corner here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You raise a good point, only so many paychecks you can miss before you have to liquidate some belongings. I imagine guns would be near the bottom of the list to let go, but then again if it's the only valuable you have. I just read somewhere where 60% of Americans do not have 1k in the bank, and obviously even less have 3-6 months of expenses put aside. This looks like a bumpy road ahead.

Hope you guys are all safe.
    Thanks man, you too.

This worries me as well. I'm really hoping when we come out of this people will start saving some money and being more prepared. Americans have destroyed themselves with credit for gadgets and goo-gaas during the last 50 years. Even my highly-paid engineering friends are absolutely retarded with money. They have no savings and are constantly living hand to mouth. I hope they learn something ... and sell me their panic guns at a huge discount too Unless of course they bought Hi-Points ...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Thanks man, you too.

This worries me as well. I'm really hoping when we come out of this people will start saving some money and being more prepared. Americans have destroyed themselves with credit for gadgets and goo-gaas during the last 50 years. Even my highly-paid engineering friends are absolutely retarded with money. They have no savings and are constantly living hand to mouth. I hope they learn something ... and sell me their panic guns at a huge discount too Unless of course they bought Hi-Points ...
    This is why I don’t use credit for hobbies. Cash, or do without/wait. [grinch]
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been home non stop for over a week, only other place was a side job before that for a week. No ranges or shops are open, not allowed to go up in the woods to shoot, hike, ride dirt bikes etc...

I’m GOING CRAZY...lol

Downloads
    Uploads
    So stimulus checks dropped for many today... any of you guys get any? Buying anything or paying bills?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Got my stim. Visa ate it up.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Uffdaphil View Post
    Got my stim. Visa ate it up.
    Haha... well at least it went to good use.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No Trump bucks for me. Apparently I’m good enough to pay triple the taxes as the average American but I’m far too wealthy to get some fucking crumbs back. LOL Mail that shit back COD freight in pennies if I did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got mine. Already got some assets in stocks that went cheap, and silver around 12$ spot, so I’m keeping the stim and pretty much everything else fluid until I find out for sure if my job is safe or not.

Sucks bc that Kahles 1-8x is top of my To Buy list.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler