Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 85 of 85
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    2,344
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.
    I haven't had time over the last week to really pay attention, but I've been wondering how the second-hand market will be affected, especially as people start to go several weeks without a paycheck.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,035
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.

    I can see myself finally getting into reloading in the future as we face an uncertain future with small arms. The last 5 years or so, I've definitely subscribed to the, if I shoot it, I replace it mantra.
    I've been thinking about it as well but more in the context of basically getting into a routine of buying components like primers or whatever. Put aside say $100 a month and then about every 4 to 6 months make a purchase.

    I also have been thinking about getting a progressive press as well. I could churn out a lot of ammo in relatively short term with a setup like that.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Florida - Gulf Side
    Posts
    1,942
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    I also have been thinking about getting a progressive press as well. I could churn out a lot of ammo in relatively short term with a setup like that.
    I have a Dillon 550B that has probably done well over a hundred K. Love it. Even taking my time, it does about 300 per hour. Rated higher than that, but ... I'm old and slow ...
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I haven't had time over the last week to really pay attention, but I've been wondering how the second-hand market will be affected, especially as people start to go several weeks without a paycheck.
    You raise a good point, only so many paychecks you can miss before you have to liquidate some belongings. I imagine guns would be near the bottom of the list to let go, but then again if it's the only valuable you have. I just read somewhere where 60% of Americans do not have 1k in the bank, and obviously even less have 3-6 months of expenses put aside. This looks like a bumpy road ahead.

    Hope you guys are all safe.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,035
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    I have a Dillon 550B that has probably done well over a hundred K. Love it. Even taking my time, it does about 300 per hour. Rated higher than that, but ... I'm old and slow ...
    I need to research more about the various Dillon presses. GavinToob has a video on it I think but I am not sure. I would kind of like to see or work with them in person before I buy because they are honestly pretty expensive.

    A progressive press is definitely on my eventually list. When I come into some more cash I might have a progressive press with all the doodads as part of the first wave of spending. LOL

    As for now I load on a redding press so it's not like I am out of ammo or components.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,029
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    I figure when Cabela’s and others sell out the cheap AR’s will be the time to start listing my more expensive, quality used builds.
    “What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?" -Antonin Scalia

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    14,177
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Checked in at Costco yesterday around 3pm.

    No Crowd, the parking lot was half empty. They're controlling the number of people going in, one person out, they allow one person in type thing. Wall of carts strategically placed to control the flow.

    Other than some bulk dry goods like rice, beans, various other things, they had plenty of everything else. Stocked as they normally would. Some paper towels, but no TP.

    I thought they'd be a little more run on supplies since our governor is shutting everything down at 1730 hours today. I'm guessing hoarders, profiteers, and the like are out of money now and have made their run the last few weeks. Hopefully we're turning the corner here.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    996
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    You raise a good point, only so many paychecks you can miss before you have to liquidate some belongings. I imagine guns would be near the bottom of the list to let go, but then again if it's the only valuable you have. I just read somewhere where 60% of Americans do not have 1k in the bank, and obviously even less have 3-6 months of expenses put aside. This looks like a bumpy road ahead.

    Hope you guys are all safe.
    Thanks man, you too.

    This worries me as well. I'm really hoping when we come out of this people will start saving some money and being more prepared. Americans have destroyed themselves with credit for gadgets and goo-gaas during the last 50 years. Even my highly-paid engineering friends are absolutely retarded with money. They have no savings and are constantly living hand to mouth. I hope they learn something ... and sell me their panic guns at a huge discount too Unless of course they bought Hi-Points ...

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    In a warm, moist environment... Usually.
    Posts
    3,392
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Thanks man, you too.

    This worries me as well. I'm really hoping when we come out of this people will start saving some money and being more prepared. Americans have destroyed themselves with credit for gadgets and goo-gaas during the last 50 years. Even my highly-paid engineering friends are absolutely retarded with money. They have no savings and are constantly living hand to mouth. I hope they learn something ... and sell me their panic guns at a huge discount too Unless of course they bought Hi-Points ...
    This is why I don’t use credit for hobbies. Cash, or do without/wait. [grinch]
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,186
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    I’ve been home non stop for over a week, only other place was a side job before that for a week. No ranges or shops are open, not allowed to go up in the woods to shoot, hike, ride dirt bikes etc...

    I’m GOING CRAZY...lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •