Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Corona Virus and Prepping

I was at Costco today, noticed they were entirely cleaned out of Water / Toilet Paper. We have 10 Corona Virus deaths here so... I get that maybe different from the rest of the country.

Anyone else notice the run on supplies?

Downloads
    Uploads
    We are used to it, but not because of Corona virus. Every other year during hurricane season it's part of the local tradition. There is a whole system of things that we do to avoid as much problem as possible. I could only imagine what it would be like to those who aren't in situations with runs on fuel, food, water, electricity or other things on a fairly routine basis.

As far as the virus itself nothing at all has slowed down here at all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads
    This has just proven to me that in the event of a real emergency, shit is going to go down fast and hard. Absolute anarchy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been going to my local grocery store every night, just to see if this is happening. Last night my store was completely stocked; no panic buying whatsoever. There was an article today in the local paper about stores lacking supplies and I bet tonight it gets crazy. I've also heard the local Costco and Wal-Mart are experiencing the panic; could just be my location is less affected since my grocery store is rather small in comparison.

I agree with you 100% tho UWone77, and it bums me out that most of my friends are all too "educated" to prepare for anything. They crap on me all the time for being into preparedness. It's sad to me how few people study history and believe that this current US utopia is endless, and nothing can ever go wrong. They are just so oblivious and nothing I say or do will cause them to change their mind.

I'm not even nuts about it; I can live for 30 or 40 days at home without leaving. It's no big deal, I just buy a few extra cans of soup and water every time I hit the store. I can't fathom why anyone would not want that kind of security. Oh well!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m with you Moxy. I’m prepped for a couple of months of food at least. If it’s bad longer than that I figure my ammo stock will be currency for re-supply. Sad that my closest family thinks a couple weeks food and a “This is a gun free home” sign will suffice.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 4 March 2020 at 21:43.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    My wife has the flu and asked me to pic up some of the disinfectant wipes today. Both my grocer and drug store were cleaned out. Other than that, everything else seemed fine. I guess face masks are hard to find right now, too. Stocking up on water in western Washington is kind of funny, but I guess it just goes to show that people these days don't know that you can actually drink that stuff you see all around you if you take a few precautions. I stock up on barley water. as that's what I'm really afraid of running out of.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you go to Lowe’s or Home Depot and they are out of the N95 masks over by painting/sanding, check the lumber section near the drywall sheets there are usually boxes of them. I’ve done that twice.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't even checked. But lots of family and friends have asked what storable foods and "holistic" things for the "apocalypse " they should get. We were out of bleach at my grocery store, not sure if it's from the fear pandemic or just their out.
    Masks are about worthless, but I do wish I had stock in 3M right now

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    I've been going to my local grocery store every night, just to see if this is happening. Last night my store was completely stocked; no panic buying whatsoever. There was an article today in the local paper about stores lacking supplies and I bet tonight it gets crazy. I've also heard the local Costco and Wal-Mart are experiencing the panic; could just be my location is less affected since my grocery store is rather small in comparison.

I agree with you 100% tho UWone77, and it bums me out that most of my friends are all too "educated" to prepare for anything. They crap on me all the time for being into preparedness. It's sad to me how few people study history and believe that this current US utopia is endless, and nothing can ever go wrong. They are just so oblivious and nothing I say or do will cause them to change their mind.

I'm not even nuts about it; I can live for 30 or 40 days at home without leaving. It's no big deal, I just buy a few extra cans of soup and water every time I hit the store. I can't fathom why anyone would not want that kind of security. Oh well!
    I'm not a serious prepper by any stretch of the means. I love my modern creature comforts and would likely suck at living during a prolonged 6-12 month disruption to modern day life. A few years back, we stocked about a year's + worth of dehydrated food. I've also supplemented with some other goods and we usually keep a 6 month supply of other goods, (TP, soap, batteries, feminine hygiene products) I'm limited by storage space, so I don't think I've added to the stocks in over a year. My inlaws used to look at my semi-preparedness with a skeptical eye, but I think they've really opened their eyes the last few years. I had a conversation with some of them when we had our son... if Jr. runs out of formula during an even 2 week disruption what are you going to do? What happens when your kids are going hungry and you have no way to feed them?

Having said that, I'm kind of glad he's done with the infant phase. I stockpiled 6-9 months of formula and diapers at all times. I do wonder about some liberal friends who are "preppers" but don't own any guns....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a heads up for you guys, I ordered my usual cases of training ammo this morning and didnt get a confirmation email. So I just called to make sure they got the order and in passing I jokeingly
    said " are you guys swamped?" and she said swamped was an under statement and that they are just about out of ammo!! I checked a few other places and they have delayed shipping notices. So if you need to top off your stash, I would do it now! Its so quiet right now I didnt realize all the panic buying is in full swing. Probably buy the preppers and smart people but once the word gets out by monday it will all be gone. Canned food, toothbrushes, hand soap etc. Dont wait...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've noticed places like WISE foods is almost out of everything.

If it took you this long to prep for the basics, I don't feel bad for you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm all set to hang out at home for quite some time, but I still go out. I got a cup o joe at Starfuck's today, despite myself. I kind of hope I do get it, so I get the antibodies and don't have to think about it anymore.

Still, I'm far more concerned about my 90-year-old parents at their retirement home. Those places are a breeding ground for infectious stuff, and there is little you can do to prepare at 90 years old. You can only store so many adult diapers ... god help me if I make it to 90! Ha!

Downloads
    Uploads
    People here have bought up all the damn tp. Being stuck in the EOC most of the day screws you on necessities!
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    The panic has begun here in Colorado. I hit the store at 8:30PM, my normal time, and there were 100x the number of folks buying stupid shit that's not going to help them. Milk, bread, peanut butter ... Christ people, what the fuck?

The next 3 months are going to be insufferable.