Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stores around here are half empty

Looked around on a few sites last nite as a friend told me ammo is drying up
    Well I did look around.. tons of anno from big stores are damn near empty

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, all the decent cheap stuff I wanted was out of stock. I settled for a case of Wolf Gold from Targetsports for $300 so I don’t have to use up the better stuff at the range.

No sign yet of a run on AR’s that I’ve noticed.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Will likely avoid Costco this week, but going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow. Anyone have any reports where they are as far as shelves being cleaned out?
    At the local Safeway...
    Disinfectant cleaners, TP, meats, rice, bottled water, all gone. Some canned and frozen foods available, but well picked over.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Will likely avoid Costco this week, but going to venture out to the grocery store tomorrow. Anyone have any reports where they are as far as shelves being cleaned out?
    I went to Publix this afternoon. Was able to get everything on my list. Having said that, TP and fresh meat were not on the list Re-stocking was being worked on every aisle, was not crowded, seven check-out lanes open. Lots of soups and canned vegetables were missing, but a lot of good ones still in plenty supply on those items. Plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables available. Water was down to a trickle but still had cases on the shelf. Again, the only bare shelves were paper goods, hand sanitizer/soap, packaged bread (their bakery loaves were plentiful), and fresh meat. Packaged meats (sandwich stuff / bacon / hot dogs) in plenty supply. Frozen foods looked like no body wanted any, those shelves were full. They have done a good job with inventory management, and stocking. Not bad, considering there are four large neighborhoods within two miles of the store.

They had a person sitting at the door handing out sanitizer wipes a single sheet per person to wipe off the cart handles. I took two Lysol wipes in a zip lock baggie for that, just in case. Not a bad experience today, but I heard they had to close a few hours early yesterday, just so they could begin the restocking.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven’t been home in a week, but airline seemed to have more empty seats than normal when I airlined out a week ago. Wife said stores are more or less normal, just can’t find TP (and she’s not even trying to stockpile). Travel on the private jet side has been ticking up, not radical but still up. We’re having a bunch of pilots call in sick... I’m guessing those are not all totally legit but rather just not wanting to go tour the country for a week at a shot. The jet looks pillaged after most flights with people taking all of our little mini-bottles of Purel and even hand sanitizing wipes.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I haven’t been home in a week, but airline seemed to have more empty seats than normal when I airlined out a week ago. Wife said stores are more or less normal, just can’t find TP (and she’s not even trying to stockpile). Travel on the private jet side has been ticking up, not radical but still up. We’re having a bunch of pilots call in sick... I’m guessing those are not all totally legit but rather just not wanting to go tour the country for a week at a shot. The jet looks pillaged after most flights with people taking all of our little mini-bottles of Purel and even hand sanitizing wipes.
    Try Big Lots or Dollar General or whatever for TP.

I went to a Big Lots here and the entire top shelf was full of TP.

People here are starting to do the crazy thing buying food or whatever.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you guys noticed the run on ammo..not much at any of the big shops after a quick look.. like no plinking ammo...wtf people

Downloads
    Uploads
    I brought that up on last thursday, its on page one of this thread. This thread is hopping so I think folks missed it. I was able to get 4 cases of plinking ammo for this summer just before the prices statrted to rise...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is getting pretty nuts ... went to visit Mom & Dad tonight and they wouldn't let me in (the attendant). I'm glad, and I appreciate the abundance of caution at the old folks' home right now. It's just another reality check of how serious this is, especially for older people.

On a good note, I'm finally motivated to set up the additional water storage I've been meaning to do for a decade ...

WOLVERINES!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well..this is escalating...governor just announced all restaurants and bars are closed thru the end of the month.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Same here, with the exception of being able to do carry-out business... for now. I bet that changes soon. Smart thing to do is stock up enough of everything to get to April. Pretty much all billing cycles are on-hold pretty much everywhere. Our biggest challenge has been assuring seniors and kids are fed during these closures.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I brought that up on last thursday, its on page one of this thread. This thread is hopping so I think folks missed it. I was able to get 4 cases of plinking ammo for this summer just before the prices statrted to rise...
    Last week I was about due to grab another case of practice ammo. I had been holding off due to other more important expenditures all about to hit (car insurance, taxes, etc). Your post from the other day made me go look and I saw what you were talking about. I ended up grabbing some Wolf Gold (what I would have bought anyway) from AIM for a few more cents/round than I would have paid, along with some Geco 9mm. Both of those should get me through another couple of months. But if the 5.56 hadn't been available, I'd probably revert back to shooting 5.45 again, like I did after Newtown. Maybe I'll do that anyway, since I'm still swimming in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Same here, with the exception of being able to do carry-out business... for now. I bet that changes soon. Smart thing to do is stock up enough of everything to get to April. Pretty much all billing cycles are on-hold pretty much everywhere. Our biggest challenge has been assuring seniors and kids are fed during these closures.
    The carry-out model seemed to work for the Chinese. They kept that going, despite locking down everything else (in some cases very poorly, from what I was hearing from my brother-in-law who lives there). But I can see shutting down dining and bars, at least for now.

I'm wondering if/how much impact/infection will occur to first-responders/ED staff which obviously leads to isolation and no working. That seems like a big thing that will shut down response in a negative way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gatordev View Post
    I'm wondering if/how much impact/infection will occur to first-responders/ED staff which obviously leads to isolation and no working. That seems like a big thing that will shut down response in a negative way.
    You guys might find this video by PrepMedic interesting:

Downloads
    Uploads
    [QUOTE=gatordev;175980]Last week I was about due to grab another case of practice ammo. I had been holding off due to other more important expenditures all about to hit (car insurance, taxes, etc). Your post from the other day made me go look and I saw what you were talking about. I ended up grabbing some Wolf Gold (what I would have bought anyway) from AIM for a few more cents/round than I would have paid, along with some Geco 9mm. Both of those should get me through another couple of months. But if the 5.56 hadn't been available, I'd probably revert back to shooting 5.45 again, like I did after Newtown. Maybe I'll do that anyway, since I'm still swimming in it.

Yeah that ammo I got for 275 a case last week is now 390...
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm tired of the world ending this year again.

I've adopted the if I shoot it, I replace it mantra since 2012. Sounds like you guys are well prepared.

Ventured out to to the local grocery store. A little busier than the usual 9am crowd on a Monday, but other than out of TP, it was fine.