Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dropped into Costco today for our weekly fruits and veggies.

For the most part Costco wasn't too busy, I'd say just a tick above the normal crowd on a midday at 2pm. They were out of Frozen Chicken Breast, Wipes, all Paper Products, sanitizer, and some various cleaning agents. Otherwise, everything was business as usual.

Also stopped in at the Grocery Store... decent selection, some perishables were on the low side, but no panic right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I made a beer run + picked up some groceries last night. I noticed that Tylenol and Flonaise are sold out as is most kids medicine. All the pasta was pretty well cleaned out and the canned soups were very low, but most everything else was fairly normal. No real major disruptions to supply chain that I'm aware of so far.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Our stores are pretty good, no chicken, paper, bread or eggs. There's a farm up the street who has eggs so I get those. I'm screwed cause heir Cuomo force closed our business (that's a whole other rant about dictators) I have my silver just waiting. I've been ready, everyone is telling me they're sorry they thought I was crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's interesting to see the varied responses on what's missing from stores in different regions (even within the same state). I went back today to grab one or two things and it turned into a "half-week's" amount of shopping because there was stuff I wasn't expecting to be available, along with planning for next week when I go back to work and will need some things I'm not sure will be there or not.

Tons of eggs today, zero paper products, and the meats had been topped off, but still not complete. I was happy to find some ground turkey for tacos. Produce was thin in some areas, but fine in others (mostly the fruit had been picked over). Progresso soups had been picked over, unlike the other day, but it was the afternoon today, so not sure how fast they're getting those in. There was two Lipton dry soups (non-instant) available, but apparently I had to choose between Progresso or Lipton, per the store, so I chose Progresso for now (for work).

I'm just trying to come up with a solution for the TP issue, not because I need it yet, but because I will eventually. Apparently the guy at work who orders TP for work finally got an order through, so maybe there's hope on the non-work side.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The area had a massive amount of TP drop the last few days. Other than just a few items, right now at least.... it's starting to look normal at the store.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to a couple of stores today. On the way in I stopped at a local gun shop and they were already price gouging on ammo. Not as bad as some places but still. On some of the items I am familiar with (because I bought those very items in the recent past) they had anywhere from 50% to 100% price increases over night. A lot of inventory is gone and the parking lot was full.

Went to Home Depot... not too bad there.

At the grocery store though... insanity. Barren shelves and the whole lot...I managed to get most of what I was after but definitely not everything and some stuff had alternatives but overall I don't want to go to another grocery store in the near future if I can avoid it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Better get all your shopping done before the weekend is over. The infection is going to explode in the US in the next 2-3 weeks. Personally I don't want to be out amongst the walking dead at that point ... I'm good for another 30 days at home.

One weird thing I've noticed myself is that I'm eating like crazy! At a time when I should be rationing and taking it easy wrt food, I've been gorging myself like a fat kid on cake. I guess I'm "stress eating" LOL gotta cut that shit out!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Apocalypse week 3:

A few more local take out places have shuttered.

Grocery store here is pretty stocked with everything. Milk and eggs are limited to 2 each. Some TP avail, cereal aisle about a quarter empty. Most people seem to be all business... no eye contact, no smiles, just in and out. Digging it. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went to Kroger early this morning, just to get a little fresh stuff, not canned, or frozen. i don't get the whole toilet paper thing. One man and woman had a whole cart filled with it. I still haven't read in the symptoms where people are likely to shit themselves to death. Also stopped at liquor store to get some reserve beer because all non essential stores will be closing until further notice. Not the liquor store. Only in KY can a liquor store be "essential".
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    It’s stupid around here.. most meats, can aisles, rice,eggs are all out or 1 item allowed..

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    It’s stupid around here.. most meats, can aisles, rice,eggs are all out or 1 item allowed..
    I expect the Governor to order everyone to stay inside today. Hopefully you can stock up a bit more before the mad rush.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MoxyDave View Post
    Better get all your shopping done before the weekend is over. The infection is going to explode in the US in the next 2-3 weeks. Personally I don't want to be out amongst the walking dead at that point ... I'm good for another 30 days at home.

One weird thing I've noticed myself is that I'm eating like crazy! At a time when I should be rationing and taking it easy wrt food, I've been gorging myself like a fat kid on cake. I guess I'm "stress eating" LOL gotta cut that shit out!
    That's a normal preservation mode for all animals. Fatten up before the famine, or hibernation.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    I expect the Governor to order everyone to stay inside today. Hopefully you can stock up a bit more before the mad rush.
    And he just did.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I social distanced myself in my own bay. I rezeroed the optic after making room for the magnifier and now I'll stick with shooting the cheap Russian stuff for training for a while and sit on the 5.56 for matches or whatever the future brings. It seems "investing" in 5.45 years ago continues to pay off.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Speaking of guns, I've noticed as many as you have, ammo prices are through the roof, but gun prices are holding steady, and some retailers are still having sales. I guess people have figured out their gun is worthless if you can't feed it.

I can see myself finally getting into reloading in the future as we face an uncertain future with small arms. The last 5 years or so, I've definitely subscribed to the, if I shoot it, I replace it mantra.