Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

how would you finish out this noveske build?

only thing it must have is a 14.5" barrel with a pinned socom muzzle brake.

it's a gen 3 upper and lower and a 13.5" quad rail. I need to determine everything I have left to put on the upper (barrel, bolt carrier group, sights, optics). it has a finished lower with all colt parts, a geissele trigger, and an vltor a5 stock kit with b5 sopmod stock.

current ideas. noveske afghan barrel or colt sopmod

Downloads
    Uploads
    Heck, with what you have, you might as well keep it stock. I'd go Afghan barrel and RCF BCG, some KAC sights and E-I, E-I, Oh tech.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want to keep a full Noveske theme and want precision, then Noveske 14.5 barrel and BCG.

For an alternative premium barrel, I suggest centurion stainless 14.5.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is an older 14.5 I built up like 5 years ago using a 14.5 CHF Noveske barrel pinned with a SOCOM brake and 13.5” quad.

Name:  3C2F236F-6E5F-4E19-8E80-B1793C11E7E7.jpeg
Views: 3899
Size:  1.83 MB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    only thing it must have is a 14.5" barrel with a pinned socom muzzle brake.

it's a gen 3 upper and lower and a 13.5" quad rail. I need to determine everything I have left to put on the upper (barrel, bolt carrier group, sights, optics). it has a finished lower with all colt parts, a geissele trigger, and an vltor a5 stock kit with b5 sopmod stock.

current ideas. noveske afghan barrel or colt sopmod

14.5" Noveske Afghan (made by John Noveske, RIP.)

Downloads
    Uploads
    How are the current noveske stainless barrels? I’ve heard the quality went down but not sure if that just has to do with the internet hate that seems to go towards the new management that keeps overturning since he passed. My other 2 rifles are an 18” noveske I built on a chainsaw gen 1 upper and lower and my first was a gen 2 lower I put a noveske built 14.5” chf upper on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by n4p226r View Post
    How are the current noveske stainless barrels? I’ve heard the quality went down but not sure if that just has to do with the internet hate that seems to go towards the new management that keeps overturning since he passed. My other 2 rifles are an 18” noveske I built on a chainsaw gen 1 upper and lower and my first was a gen 2 lower I put a noveske built 14.5” chf upper on.
    I haven't bought Noveske anything in a long time, so I can't comment to their current offerings.

Obviously when Johnny was alive, Noveske barrels were the best AR barrels period. I think the goods were good until about Sheri left in 2014ish? After that I did see and read numerous complaints of shitty barrels, tolerances, ect. I've noticed when people sell Noveske stuff, sometimes they'll make sure to reference that it was a "Johnny Era" barrel, upper, rifle, ect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve seen that too. Finding a Johnny era barrel seems unlikely at this point though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Name:  BCCA70CB-136A-4EB2-8885-32F63D0A03A6.jpeg
Views: 1268
Size:  1.67 MB

Johnny Era factory Afghan upper on a Gen 2 lower. I think I bought this one around 2007 or 08

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would argue (thanks to fledge) that a VSeven barrel is the closest you'll get to a Johnny era barrel nowadays. And I say that as an owner of two Johnny era Noveske uppers (one SS, one CL). Near-same thing...Centurion Arms, albeit with a different profile for the CL offerings.

Downloads
    Uploads
    what about 300BLK vs 5.56? I have a 14.5" and 18" 5.56

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like 300blk but only for pistol or SBR. 10.5” or shorter.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I say run with 300 BLK and don't look back. Arguably far less finicky about "tuning" when going from suppressed to non-suppressed, and damn near hollywood quiet with a decent can. Mine has no adjustable gas block, a standard carbine buffer and spring, and it runs just fine either way. Of course, once you get with suppressed 300, there really is little reason to take the can off. Maybe to run supers for hog and coyote hunting, but you can run supers fine suppressed, its just a little less quiet.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got a 14.5" 300 BLK Noveske barrel/upper. I never shoot it.

Like it's already been said...short suppressed is the only way to run 300 BLK.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Short and suppressed will have to wait until NJ decides to join America.