Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

How's everyone holding up?

Its been raining here the past few days so cabin fever is setting in with my family. Other than that we are doing pretty great. Everyone is healthy and keeping themselves busy the best they can.

Starting "homeschooling" the kids. Already had to suspend 2 kids for fighting and the teacher was fired for drinking on the job.

I actually do get to go out since I am an essential employee as a pharmacist at the local hospital. So far it hasn't hit us bad in Lancaster, PA. We have had 1 fatality due to Covid-19 in our facility but the reality is that only about 1 in 10 people that we are testing are actually testing positive.

Stay safe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    So far all is well here. Fortunately I am periodically able to get out and do stuff. I mowed the lawn twice already. I will probably start a new bigger project soon...taking down an old fence and building a new one. It's only about 300 yards or so but it should keep me busy. It's been raining off and on here so getting outside is not always doable. I am also going to go do some work down at our family plot in the cemetery. Some of the head stones need some work. I bought the stuff to build a more solid foundation for them but it will require a lot of digging.

Since I live so far away from everything not a lot has changed but if you go to town it's definitely different. The grocery stores have food but they are still limiting how many people can go in and the hours. I stopped to get gas the other night and the pumps were all turned off. Other than not being able to go out to eat or whatever so far things are going ok. Being able to go outside and work, or when weather doesn't allow it to prime some brass is definitely a good thing. Driving the riding mower is my favorite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Central Florida, Gulf side. Other than panic buying, things are still running pretty smoothly. My county has only had 39 confirmed with 1 death. Staying close to home, playing cribbage with the wife, good cigar and a little bourbon in the evening. I hate to say it, but my life has not changed.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    They're taking no chances here. That one woman will shoot you with her shotgun if you just mention the word "COVID."

Kidding, of course.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty ok here in Colorado Springs. I'm lucky to work remotely in IT so for me it's business as usual for the most part. Can't see my 90-year-old parents since they are in lockdown at a nearby facility so that's been a drag, but they are being well cared for so I'm happy.

My biggest problem right now is just anxiety. I'm normally super chill but this whole thing has made me into a nervous bitch. My neighborhood is still quite calm but I worry about the future economy, hyperinflation, availability of water and food, roaming gangs of looters and retards ... I'm thinking too far ahead I guess and it's making me crazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok here I guess. All I see is large groups of teenagers and college kids all day and night all over. Adults out on my street drinking in groups with all the kids in clusters while I sit here telling my kids no contact. I tattoo so I dont get paid and in a couple of months its gonna get bad.
    Hoping for the best but as i said all the "social distancing" is BS. Stores are packed, people are out and about all day in droves and I'm here not worried about a virus, I'm worried about the collapse that's coming. Oh that $1200 wont help at all either, just a drop in the bucket

Downloads
    Uploads
    Only 2 cases here and they are contact-related. We are as prepared as we can be for the hit. Been crazy busy with command staff meetings, sector meetings, sending updates to first responders in the area without tramping on the PIO's toes. The past few weeks have been nucking futz!

I, on the other hand was enjoying some fragging of bitchasses on my fave PC shooter and had a sudden onset of acute panic/anxiety which turned out to be atrial fibrillation. I rode the lightning three times and wouldn't ya know it; Cardizem did the trick. Spent the night, so buh-bye stimulus check!

Feeling better now, ready for dinner and beddy-bye to follow. It sounded like the hossy staff was running a ship breaking operation outside my door all night.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Both the wife and I are still going to work. Both of us are definitely at higher risk for getting exposed, but we try not to live in fear.

Other than that, the stores here are stocked except for TP (whatever the fuck reason that fascination hasn't ended) people are more or less following the quarantine and social distancing. The roads and streets here are a ghost town. Pretty much how we live anyway since we're home bodies.

Today we got our building permits all approved for the new house build, but nothing will move on that end until this is over since there isn't anyone to actually construct the house.

Downloads
    Uploads
    We're all homebodies, Rich. You can't deal with public and not daydream about being at home, away from all the *ahem* people.
    There's no "Team" in F**K YOU!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    We're all homebodies, Rich. You can't deal with public and not daydream about being at home, away from all the *ahem* people.
    Heh I was this way before I was in LE.

I keep joking until Xbox Live goes down.... what are people complaining about?!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve been in Denver, Dallas, Chicago, and Cleveland the last few days. Hotels are empty. Streets at least where I’ve been are empty. It’s almost eerie when I have to walk in the evenings to pickup curbside for myself and all the shops and sidewalks are just... empty. Home went on lockdown since I’ve been gone so it’ll be interesting when I get back. Wife is a stay at home mom who was already home schooling the kids so no real changes there. At home not much seems to have actually changed except I can’t go the F#€KING gym! Pretty much the one thing that kept me sane. Maybe I should have invested in PS4 games instead of silver. Looking forward to the release of the new FF7 next month.

Life on the road though, that’s radically changed.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here in Los Angeles the freeways are empty. My wife still goes in to work as a veterinarian. I stay home as a programmer. Slowly people are getting social distancing rules, but there are idiots everywhere. We only go out for food or walk around the block with kids. All local gun stores are sold out of all guns. Most sold to new gun owners that all of a sudden see a need for 2A in their life. I had no need to venture out and wait 4 hours in line to buy ammo or a new gun. Hope this new gun owners vote that way in future elections not just in the store with $$. Food Stores are mostly stocked up with exception of hand sanitizer and tp. This weekend was first time I went in And found everything on my wife’s list. All in all as long as the family is healthy then that’s all that is worth anythjng at the moment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doing well here. My grocery has the first hour for seniors only so I will be going to re-stock the freezer in a couple of days. I have plenty of canned and other long term foods. Finished my winter build projects. Now occasionally bored since the libraries closed, but I signed up for Kindle Unlimited which helps. Finally motivated to get my reloading bench set up. Do a little excavating the room each day until Sunday when my brother visits to help move the safe and other heavy stuff. My biggest concern is his getting the virus. He has issues from smoking and a stroke and lives with 3 younger family who are out a lot.

Really looking forward to getting out to my American Legion gun club range when folks go back to work. In normal times, weekday mornings I have the place to myself or 2-3 other retirees at most.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on the permits UW. Nice to get that out of the way and get to building...

Other then like everyone else says, me the woman and oldest kid are no workie. Gonna get interesting here shortly if this doesn’t dissolve some.

Certainly getting bored, heard from someone up on the mountains behind me getting told to go home, no shooting etc... So haven’t even bothered to go up.

So..fixing dirt bikes, working on the kids newest truck and just getting some stuff done..

Weeeeee

Downloads
    Uploads
    Still cracks me up that it takes a Pandemic to make people realize...

1. Wash your hands
    2. Restaurants aiming not to touch your food.
    3. I may need a firearm