Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreek View Post
    Sounds like a lot.

Take care of yourself and good luck on the projects...lol..I say that as we were just gonna paint the exterior of our house as we reroofed our roof and put on all new fascia boards right before winter, so needed trim paint, which turned into the whole house..

Which led to... now we’re painting interior, and kitchen cabinets, new flooring in the kitchen...lol...snowballed..we had some of the stuff already, but also were doing all the work so not a lot out of pocket...

But I need a range break...lol..but their all closed..
    Oh yeah. My dad does small remodels just not,as many nowadays. And I know exactly what you're talking about. I've seen a 1 week job turn into a 5 month project. And it all started with leaky pipe. Lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thought I'd post this here as I was fortunate enough to find a bit of a silver lining in the current events. I work in a industry that's been severely impacted by COVID and as a result have been put on a 25% furlough (3 weeks on, 1 week off with no pay) schedule for several months. The upside to this is the company is very stringent that no work be conducted while on furlough, so this past week I was able to spend with my family out at "the farm" (the ~30 acres we bought back in December) and really unplug. My project this past week was to build a shooting bench. With some instructions and "inspiration" from youtube I built this:

I decided to go ahead and stain it using "gunstock" from minwax:

So, the upside to a temporary pay cut is having time to enjoy the fulfillment of something I had dreamed about for a long time: a nice shooting range on my own property

I know I'm quite lucky to have such a retreat from the current craziness of the world and that a lot of folks are really suffering right now, so hopefully this doesn't come across wrong. Looking forward to life returning to normal, although I could get used to only working 75% of the time pretty easy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is dope man! I think we'd all love to have something like that. Enjoy your time away from work; life is too short!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nicely done, Sir !! Three years ago I built a bench for GriffonSec. Fun project, and a stable platform for shooting. Yours looks great!
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on."
    John Wayne - "The Shootist"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good. Have been wanting to build me one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    "And now you understand. Anything goes wrong, anything at all... your fault, my fault, nobody's fault... it won't matter - I'm gonna blow your head off. No matter what else happens, no matter who gets killed I'm gonna blow your head off." -Big Jake

"All the Gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you." -Joseph Campbell

Instagram- @tomcheaney9

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nicely done, BU.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Would love to have a range on my property. Awesome!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cover and all. That’s really nice.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    While in Seattle... this guy is a Bad Ass for recovering a Stolen Seattle PD AR15

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice! Moved like he knew what he was doing. Friggen locked and loaded here, just a few miles from downtown Minneapolis. Friggen politicians are a bunch of pussies.
    The best way to survive a violent encounter is to be the one inflicting the most violence.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Fox reported that the guy in the video is ex special forces. Didn't say specifics.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was surprised to see that SPD does not secure their rifles in Santa Cruz Type Gun Lock Racks. Looks like he just got it out of a gun bag from the rear.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Pretty well, now

Had a malignant squamous cell carcinoma show up on my right hand ring finger. Had surgery this morning. The had to go in a second time (deeper) to get it all, then cut a flap on the hand for a graft.

Name:  IMG_4823 After Surgery.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  1.99 MB

Name:  IMG_4824 After Stitches.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  1.79 MB
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. Holy smokes dude. I hope everything is ok! I will send prayers your way for a speedy recovery.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Wow. Holy smokes dude. I hope everything is ok! I will send prayers your way for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, much appreciated. Should be back to full strength and flexibility by the fall shoot.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NRA Certified Instructor