Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I’ve been in Denver, Dallas, Chicago, and Cleveland the last few days. Hotels are empty. Streets at least where I’ve been are empty. It’s almost eerie when I have to walk in the evenings to pickup curbside for myself and all the shops and sidewalks are just... empty. Home went on lockdown since I’ve been gone so it’ll be interesting when I get back. Wife is a stay at home mom who was already home schooling the kids so no real changes there. At home not much seems to have actually changed except I can’t go the F#€KING gym! Pretty much the one thing that kept me sane. Maybe I should have invested in PS4 games instead of silver. Looking forward to the release of the new FF7 next month.

Life on the road though, that’s radically changed.
    Best investment I’ve ever made was buying gym equipment.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tact View Post
    I hear ya... kinda looking at a Matrix or Rogue Power Rack and eyeballing the garage a little differently.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nothing in DC and Baltimore has really changed. Work is pumping as hard as ever. Wife is still working as well. Only difference is I can’t find any paper towels and I’m doing 30mph over the speed limit where it used to be 5mph mass traffic. Kids are home full time wrecking shit along with the dogs.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of setup do you have?

Just over a year ago, I bought a BowFlex Max Trainer, and have been regularly working out on that 4x a week. To me is an ass kicker. Still have my free weights, but looking to add another piece of equipment in the next house when room permits. I also plan to install a pull up bar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Between Denver and Fort Collins, it's mostly quiet. Some small-town moaning about people driving in to hike nearby dedicated open space (an activity expressed permitted under the state-wide lockdown). My family is trying to help out local businesses on our infrequent trips out, but I have no idea how they're going to remain viable as this drags on.

I don't think it has sunk in for most people that this isn't "one and done" - I still get the sense most believe that 2-4 weeks of isolation somehow solves the problem. So really not looking forward to general reaction to inevitable incidence spikes as people emerge from seclusion after round 1.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    Still cracks me up that it takes a Pandemic to make people realize...

1. Wash your hands
    2. Restaurants aiming not to touch your food.
    3. I may need a firearm
    4. NEED MOAR TP!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    If alcohol kills germs, I'll just stay inside and consume the medication orally. Should work huh?.

FT
    NRA Life Member
    Deplorables Life Member
    Bible and Gun Clinger
    Filthy Stinking Wal Mart Shopper

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is gonna sound a little strange, but for those without the room/money/etc for home gym equipment, you can get in pretty good shape without any of the above by doing some YouTube prison cell style workouts

Unrelated:
    I remember a couple years or more ago, I posted an early pic of my reloading room/cave coming together and one side had some supplies including one 6pk of TP visible. UWone commented and said “You’re gonna need way more TP than that!!” I had (and have) more but boy was that ever prophetic

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Former11B View Post
    This is gonna sound a little strange, but for those without the room/money/etc for home gym equipment, you can get in pretty good shape without any of the above by doing some YouTube prison cell style workouts
    So, gym equipment = 1 bar of soap?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by FortTom View Post
    If alcohol kills germs, I'll just stay inside and consume the medication orally. Should work huh?.

FT
    Absolutely. It's science.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A bright spot here is that Total Wine delivers my medicine by the case. No gouging and coupons and discounts still apply. I open the box and let the bottles age a few more days to make sure any hitchhiking critters are dead. A whole lot of internet toasting with oenophile friends in Florida lifts my spirits.

Perspective helps. Be thankful our environment is so much better than they had it in 1918.
    Last edited by Uffdaphil; 2 April 2020 at 14:00.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UWone77 View Post
    What kind of setup do you have?

Just over a year ago, I bought a BowFlex Max Trainer, and have been regularly working out on that 4x a week. To me is an ass kicker. Still have my free weights, but looking to add another piece of equipment in the next house when room permits. I also plan to install a pull up bar.
    That’s great that you working out. I think a pull-up bar is a must.

I feel it is extremely important for everyone, and especially for those in a first responder status. It’s frustrating to see so many out of shape LEOs and I could rant on and on on the subject.

I have the luxury now of a 4 car garage, so half of it is our gym. I started years ago with a package from Rogue: rack, barbell, bumper plates, KBs, rings, jump box, and a wall ball. I’ve since added bands, bench, sandbags, more KBs and dumbbells, slam ball, farmers carry handles, rower, and Rogue assault bike. A sled is next on the list. I should have a belt squat machine showing up today. It will allow me to keep squatting but alleviate compression of my spine as my back is a bit trashed these days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rogue is good stuff. Unfortunately I’ve only got a two car garage so not a lot of room to set up. May be a moot point though seeing how Rogues entire site is sold out. Racks, benches, accessories... everything.
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads

How's everyone holding up?

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Rogue is good stuff. Unfortunately I’ve only got a two car garage so not a lot of room to set up. May be a moot point though seeing how Rogues entire site is sold out. Racks, benches, accessories... everything.
    There’s a lot of other companies making quality stuff to compete with Rogue at a better price point. There’s a video of a guy on the Tube that didn’t have much room and was able to get a lot of stuff on his wall that folds out. As far as OOS, it’s pretty much fitness equipment across all companies ever since they closed everyone’s gym.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s great that you working out. I think a pull-up bar is a must.

I feel it is extremely important for everyone, and especially for those in a first responder status. It’s frustrating to see so many out of shape LEOs and I could rant on and on on the subject.

I have the luxury now of a 4 car garage, so half of it is our gym. I started years ago with a package from Rogue: rack, barbell, bumper plates, KBs, rings, jump box, and a wall ball. I’ve since added bands, bench, sandbags, more KBs and dumbbells, slam ball, farmers carry handles, rower, and Rogue assault bike. A sled is next on the list. I should have a belt squat machine showing up today. It will allow me to keep squatting but alleviate compression of my spine as my back is a bit trashed these days.
    Used to have a pull up bar when I was single, got up to cranking out 12 pull ups before breakfast as a routine. Don't have that anymore, it's amazing how fast your strength goes.

I agree with you, gotta keep in shape. My department is full of guys that are workout junkies so I have to somewhat keep up. Before the max trainier, my resting heart rate was 70 bpm. Now it's down to 55, and sometimes when I'm really calm, I can get it down to 53 or so. Pretty good for me. As I've gotten older, I realized I can't do the free weights as much anymore. Joints hurt, back hurts, I just don't bounce back as fast.