Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am officially quarantined

I am a pharmacist at UPenn LGH. They have been screening us every day on the way in to work for fevers. I haven't had any type of fever but I started with a cough and generalized fatigue on Friday. Probably just a common virus, however, my manager noticed my illness today and I let him know I wasn't feeling well. So he called our hospital infection control officer who then mandated that I get tested.

Unfortunately we are saving all of our rapid tests for patients, so I get to wait 5-7 days for results for which time I am officially quarantined. If I test positive the quarantine goes to 14 days.

Like I said, I probably don't have it. I feel pretty decent besides being sick. But....I am going to be really bored for the next week!

Pic before I got sick!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh man! Even if you don’t have it, that’s rough!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you have to wear PPE at work all the time? Any direct contact with patients in your position?

That's rough man. I hope you feel better. Keep yourself safe!

Downloads
    Uploads
    We have to wear ppe at all times right now. I do have pt contact but we are limiting it now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    While understand the need or want to work. Out of an abundance of caution, you should not have gone into work given your symptoms Friday. Hope it comes back negative for you. Dont be the guy in the zombie show hiding the bite.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they're taking care of you with the paycheck while you're quarantined. My work is pretty shady on explaining how they determine giving disability vs full pay for exposure when the incubation period is so along. If you do get positive, hope things stay relatively benign, but here's to negative thinking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by inthegame View Post
    While understand the need or want to work. Out of an abundance of caution, you should not have gone into work given your symptoms Friday. Hope it comes back negative for you. Dont be the guy in the zombie show hiding the bite.
    I was expected to come to work unless I was running a fever which I have never had. They decided to quarantine me after my other symptoms. Because I had no fever I was still expected to come in. I was sent right to the ER for testing after I informed them of my symptoms.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Being essential comes with its own set of rules. It’s tough. Stay safe.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope it’s nothing and that you are more bored than sick!

Time to start a new build?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

Time to start a new build?
    Hahahaha now THIS ... IS. THE. WAY.

Kinda itching to build something new, but that's only out of boredom.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well that sucks man. Hopefully you're not in any high risk categories.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I wish I could start a new build. I have a few spare lowers sitting around but money is tight and my wife is laid off (works for a church and does not qualify for unemployment).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great news! Test already came back negative. I am cleared to go back to work on Thursday.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well THAT was a quick turn around! Awesome!
    -One Nation, Under God

-"The bad news is time flies. The good news is you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Downloads
    Uploads
    All I got out of this thread was... you're not starting a new build.

Congrats on the negative results... I'm sure lots of people are going around wondering if that slight fever or cough is the start of a COVID19 diagnosis. Ugh.